• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction rear glass? good?

carcrazyguy

Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
I wanted to use the original glass in the 71 Charger. Now that the car is back together, it would look much better without the rear glass scratched up. The original back glass has vertical scratches. From what I was told the previous owners girlfriend slid from the roof to the trunk with buttons on the back of her jeans. It left some pretty deep scratches. So has anyone used the reproduction (AMD) back glass? How is the quality and accuracy?

Sounds like there is more to the story then what he said! LOL I used an AMD windshield, and its pretty good, had the correct Chrysler stamp on the glass, color is good, and the tint strip was correct also. Not sure about back glass, I used my original, even though it had some minor scratching on it.

You could try using something like Eastwood's glass polishing kit, designed for scratches. If it works, you've saved a lot of money and hassle, and still have the original glass. If it doesn't work for you, well...let us know. :)

http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polishing-kit-for-deep-scratches-5771.html

I had the car at a show last weekend. I talked to a guy who does "glass restoration". He looked at the glass and said that if you can catch a fingernail in the scratch, it would not come out without causing vision issues or discoloration.

71-74 B-body coupe rear glass is all the same from what I have been told - maybe you can find a better original?

Auto Transport Service
Back