• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Unless I blow it up before then I'm planning on it haha. I've got a few things to do but they are little things that won't stop me from coming although Larry might have to do some driving............ this clutch pedal is killing my leg (pinched nerves that screw with my clutch leg.. go figure)!

Poor Larry, I hope he isn't forced to have to drive your car... he'd hate that! lol

So to go back to the very beginning and taking everything into account what would you have done different with the install... would you have just started with the finished product you have in mind now or after seeing Keepat's would you have leaned more in that direction... You obviously know why my inquiring mind wants to know! lol

Finally made it out to a cruise last night for a quick drive and I think the first time I've put gas in my car in a month... Life has definitely took over my summer with the house stuff but I'm hoping with the move and if I make out ok on the sale I'll have the balance I need to do both the tranny and BEWST over this winter along with the rest of the short list (Tubular UCA's and dropped spindles)

I loved what Keepat did with his floor but that was never an option for me because of the mods left over from the TKO. The other thing was needing to keep my console, I made my tunnel more squared off to match the shape of the tranny so I could keep it really tight and wouldn't change my crossmember modification simply because I'm running torsion bars. I like the idea of that member being very sturdy by itself and not relying on bolts. I wouldn't change the mounting either I don't think, I've got it tucked tighter than the 727 was already so anymore starts causing issues with the headers, fan, scoop, etc. The only thing I would have done different is do it while the car was still a bare shell, I would have but welded everything solid and smoothed it out.

Well summer has ended and Fall is winding down as well so how was my Summer? Instead of little short drives to shows and friends fearing the reliability of a motor honing down the freeway I now feel confident putting some real miles on it. The swap to a 6 speed standard has been everything I had hoped for and then some plus solving the vibration issue and other minor things contributed to making me more comfortable with it.This Summer we made the 6 hour drive to Carlisle PA followed by a 6+ hour drive up into Canada to spend the weekend with Mike and Jen (Goon) in Guelph which turned out to be the high point of the Summer in many ways. So to sum it up, the Charger is now the car that will get you tickets because it's so smooth you end up unknowingly doing 80mph all the time and now gets around 20mpg so needless to say it gets driven allot!!

I did make one more change, after growing tired of the car feeling slow do to the constant shifting of the 4:30s I swapped back to 3:55s. Turns out the car will cruise very happily at 1,800 rpm doing 80 mph and all that was needed was some more tuning, low rpm tuning is a must when your final ratio is .50!!

- - - Updated - - -

This winter I'm hoping to finally tackle the A/C and try another carb but that's about it.

1,800 RPM at 80 MPH AND 20 MPG is fantastic !!!!!

I would be driving the wheels off it too. Outstanding !!!!!!!!

Now just watch that heavy right foot LOL !!!!

Hosting yourself, your daughter and Kahn was undoubtedly a highlight of our summer as well. Really hoping we do make it an annual thing and definitely hope once my 6 speed is in I can head your way for a good guys show or the Nats. The only thing that can make it better is when Kahn can roll beside us in his ride!

Hosting yourself, your daughter and Kahn was undoubtedly a highlight of our summer as well. Really hoping we do make it an annual thing and definitely hope once my 6 speed is in I can head your way for a good guys show or the Nats. The only thing that can make it better is when Kahn can roll beside us in his ride!

Agreed . . . I'm working on it ! ! ! Might be a long shot for next year . . . but I'm going to try and have it all put together ! ! !

I've been making progress on the car lately . . . and I've got some momentum going too . . .

Agreed . . . I'm working on it ! ! ! Might be a long shot for next year . . . but I'm going to try and have it all put together ! ! !

I've been making progress on the car lately . . . and I've got some momentum going too . . .

Can I join the fun next year? Mind you, I have some tranny work to do when the car gets back, but I am up for some long distance driving for sure! :grin:

Can I join the fun next year? Mind you, I have some tranny work to do when the car gets back, but I am up for some long distance driving for sure! :grin:

Hawk you're definitely seasoned in the long distance driving al ready! Would love to have ya!!! Just be ready to drive the wheels off that thing! haha

Yeah and if Goons involved be ready to put the pedal to the metal haha...... The more the merrier!

I felt bad today... my buddy and I left a show (he's got a 289 vette) and once on the freeway I dropped it into 3rd and shot it up to 100mph and never saw him again, after meeting back up for grub he informed me he had 4:11s..... Already forgetting what it's like to be limited by the gearing, I felt bad.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K. what are you joining in on? Another Canadian trip, the Nats or Good Guys? I'm getting pumped for next year already.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless if you get it done you'll have a ride... hopefully air conditioned!

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, Kahn's vert will be the icing on the cake along with Hawk RR.

- - - Updated - - -

One big problem................ If Goon gets all of his work done this winter we are all going to look like turds chasing his Procharged 522 with a 6 speed!! Damn is that going to be fast!

Yeah and if Goons involved be ready to put the pedal to the metal haha...... The more the merrier!

One big problem................ If Goon gets all of his work done this winter we are all going to look like turds chasing his Procharged 522 with a 6 speed!! Damn is that going to be fast!

Hmmm. Does this mean I need to build my motor? A stock, untouched 383 might be having some issues keeping up! This sounds like a good excuse!

Hmmm. Does this mean I need to build my motor? A stock, untouched 383 might be having some issues keeping up! This sounds like a good excuse!

Haha, that's your call. What are you thinking for the next motor?

If you drove up I 75 to get to Canada you drove right past me and smyythe68. Next year you'll have to stop for a beer and a cookout. Or at least a beer! haha My Coronet unfortunately won't be done by next summer :(

If you drove up I 75 to get to Canada you drove right past me and smyythe68. Next year you'll have to stop for a beer and a cookout. Or at least a beer! haha My Coronet unfortunately won't be done by next summer :(

We went up threw Buffalo to Niagra Falls but might have to think about that next time. How about RUM haha, not a beer drinker.

Haha, that's your call. What are you thinking for the next motor?

I will build a B block, likely a 400 but I might just use a 383 block. I will stroke it, aluminum heads, high(er) rise manifold - use of a 440 air grabber base plate will give me an extra inch of clearance so the engine will breathe better than a RB block. I already bought that. I want mid 500s horsepower, but in a stock looking wrapper that runs pump gas. Nothing too wild, but still with some get up and go. I would paint it all orange and just let people assume it is a stock 383!

I will build a B block, likely a 400 but I might just use a 383 block. I will stroke it, aluminum heads, high(er) rise manifold - use of a 440 air grabber base plate will give me an extra inch of clearance so the engine will breathe better than a RB block. I already bought that. I want mid 500s horsepower, but in a stock looking wrapper that runs pump gas. Nothing too wild, but still with some get up and go. I would paint it all orange and just let people assume it is a stock 383!

Sounds a little familiar!

I had to use the search engine to even find this thread haha..... I got bored last night and fixed an eye sore that's been bugging me. I can't stand that huge opening above the radiator that leaves all the headlight wiring, radiator, etc out in the opening so it's no longer there...... after I paint it of coarse. All I had to work with for template material was thick cardboard so that was honestly the hardest part, other than that I knocked it out in about 2hrs. It's made of 5 pieces then tacked in place while on the car and then welded solid from the rear, pretty simple.

20151206_013201.jpg

20151206_013218.jpg

20151206_020324.jpg

20151206_020338.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I should have added that the sudden urge to get this done was because I finally wired my headlight buckets to open automatically.....I've been opening them manually. I used Ford solenoid operated vacuum valves to accomplish the job eliminating all of the messy vacuum hoses going threw the firewall and the expensive headlight switch as well. Of coarse it was all ended up being mounted right by the radiator adding to the clutter so it was time to do it.

20151129_194032.jpg

I like it! I'm wondering if I could make one out of aluminum.. What's the plan for attaching it? Stainless button heads like elsewhere?

Auto Transport Service
Back