• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration now moving Forward

Wow... forgot all about this old thread. How'd you find it? :fool:
I think you found the latest update already in the other thread. :D

What the heck, I'll post the latest here, even if it is way out of date.
Resto01.jpg

Resto02.jpg

Resto03.jpg

Resto04.jpg

Last edited:
Whew, that resto is taking longer than it took you to get through school! :lol:

Whew, that resto is taking longer than it took you to get through school!
Tell me about it!!! School was the toughest 3 years of my life. :eek:

Due to circumstances beyond my control, It's just been sitting there for the last couple of years (not entirely their fault either). At least it's moving forward again. I dropped off the trunk hinges this morning, and the bumpers for the front of the hood. Still aligning panels at the moment and smoothing out the body panels. More skim coating to be done, and yet another coat of primer. In the mean time, I should be able to get in there and finish my spoiler project in the next week or so.
:drinks:

Stopped by the shop this morning. Body lines are looking good at this point, just a couple of minor adjustments left to go there. The hood is looking good. The deck lid is stripped and ready for primer.

Sorry, no progress pic's today :p

I should be ordering materials for my spoiler project tomorrow, so I can get rolling on that again too.

I've been working on my spoiler project quite a bit recently. Trying to get the initial models made up & ready now that the chassis and deck lid are accessible for fitment. The smaller of the two is all but finished now. The longer stock length one is still a couple of days behind, but getting real close.

IMGP0961.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to put in on the spoiler this morning, but I did get a little more accomplished. Technically, I have it to a point now where I could just sand it, seal it, and make the mold, but I want to put a few more hours into it first. There's still a few very minor blemishes that I would like to erase before proceeding.

Here's where the big guy is at now...

Spoiler LG01.jpg

Spoiler LG02.jpg

Technically, I have it to a point now where I could just sand it, seal it, and make the mold, but I want to put a few more hours into it first. There's still a few very minor blemishes that I would like to erase before proceeding.

Mold, as in, reproduction possibly?

And great looking car! Cant wait to see some more progress pictures.

.... reproduction possibly?

Yes... I figured since I was going through all the trouble of designing and fabricating one for myself, I may as well take the extra step and create a mold for reproduction. Even if no one else was interested, I would still have the original models and molds to replace mine if it got damaged somehow... an Insurance policy you might say... At least I wouldn't have to start from scratch again.

Now about that 66-67 Chin Spoiler idea... :rolleyes::D

Im tossing around the idea of a rear spoiler, already had a front chin spoiler planned (camaro style) I'll be following that for sure!

Well, last week I managed to inadvertently drop and break the full length spoiler model into 3 pieces. Two of the beaks were fairly clean and easy enough to repair. The third required a considerable amount of rework. Fortunately I have at least some skills, so it's all back together again, reshaped, smoothed, spit and polished, ready to go. Stage one complete... ready for the next step.

Spoiler201.jpg

Spoiler202.jpg

Last edited:
Are you planning to cut this into 3 pieces as the OE was?

Technically speaking, there were 3 different OE versions (not including the NASCAR version), but the one that we're all familiar with is the 3 piece version. That said, the plan is to have both a 3 piece and a 1 piece version. Of course, a 3 piece is just a 1 piece with the ends cut & separated from the center section... easy enough.

Just for clarification... this spoiler is not a copy of the original.
I decided way back when, that I wanted a spoiler that was different from the norm, so I started playing around with a few different ideas on paper. In the end I decided on this particular shape, which is not only shaped differently, it's also taller and a little wider as seen in the image below. Some folks will like it, others maybe not so much. Either way... it's all good by me.

Profile 1.jpg

Last edited:
Keep up the good work it wont be long until its shiny. I have seen 1st gens with spoilers, Gull wings and superbird wings. If i can ever afford to repaint my car I am planning on playing with ideas before i do. I will rattle can a tail stripe and put a gull wing on to see how it looks. But only if I am repainting to fix what I do.

Finally found five minutes to myself, so I took a quick trip to the shop. I had to deliver the Rocker Trim Clips so we can drill the holes before painting that area.
The Charger is finally headed for the paint booth now, interior and undercarriage first of course. We had a long discussing concerning what to put where in terms of paint, styles, colors, textures, etc.... I also introduced my Pinstriper to the Charger this morning as well, so she can start thinking about design concepts.

Here's a shot of the Gal who will be doing all the pin striping on the Charger. My friend Remi in the background...

ladypinstriperweb_copy.jpg

Killustrator.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back