• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retirement

Congrats. Here's what I did. I insisted on no party, luncheon or fanfare. I made my way throughout the state of NY to shake the hands of the people who I enjoyed working with. NYS car, NYS gas, and all work related. This took about 2 months. I then invited 10 of the people that made the most significant impact on my career as far as working for me, (1st line supervisor in law enforcement), and supervisors I worked under, who let me develop the investigations and provided me with what my people needed to get the job done, to a nice steak dinner at Morton's on me. It put a nice period on a great career.
Well done. I will borrow on this.

I retired from the Army in 04, then worked for 12 - 13 years post that, now I am semi retired doing some contract work from time to time, help run a training company on and off, etc. It took some getting used and there are days when I am don't know what to do, but overall it has been great, its the life that many of my friends say they wish they had. I wake up, decide what to do and do whatever I want. It doesn't pay well but it does have a lot of job satisfaction...

Auto Transport Service
Back