• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

retractable seat belts

Gary Masse

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
I want to use my shoulder harness but the two belt system in the front seats are a pain. What is the general opinion on the best 3 point retractable system Thanks. Gary

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/c-1389358.2-seat-belts-shop-by-vehicle-plymouth-gtx.html

https://www.seatbeltplanet.com/i-30...nger-conversion-kit.html?ref=category:1389358

M198647152.jpg

Warning about seatbeltplanet.com. I bought a universal set from them during the pandemic. The options included longer belt length so I chose the longest. My car came with a shoulder anchor sleeve so I ordered one which was an option as well. After the install the belt would not retract all the way. It was sluggish and stopped a few times until I fed it into the mechanism myself.

I talked to the general manager of seatbelt planet and he said I can't have the long belt length with the shoulder sleeve as the mechanism isn't big enough to accommodate the added webbing with the extra 6" drop of the shoulder sleeve. I said the options said it was available and no warning was shown. He agreed that it was misleading and told me to return it and they would shorten the belt...ALL AT MY COST! No discount on labor, no expedited service, no nothing. It was my fault, I should have known. Now I see they conveniently changed that mistake on their website.

I removed the shoulder anchor so I could see the belt retract. It retracted very fast...so fast I was worried it would fling the latch through the door window. So in the future the belt has to be guided so this doesn't happen.

BTW, it was $100 shipping (2 years ago) to Ontario so take that into account.

That's not a good thing. BeepBeepRR how did they work for you?

Last edited:
If you do a web search for universal seat belts or custom universal seat belt you will be there are quite a few companies selling.

I want to use my shoulder harness but the two belt system in the front seats are a pain. What is the general opinion on the best 3 point retractable system Thanks. Gary
I have used Andover Restraints.They have a variety of belts and buckle styles and colors (if you need something other than black. ) i have been very happy with them.

Auto Transport Service
Back