• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Petty

My friend has a 9 year old son that is a huge Richard Petty fan. My friend had a framed Richard Petty postage stamp. His son wrote Richard a letter and sent him the framed stamp and got it back signed by the king himself. I thought this was a cool story.

View attachment 1066635
Very cool

thanks, to Richard "the king" Petty,

My and my friends were a,t a race back in the 80's, can't remember where.
It was probably Thursday or Friday practice, so not many people at the track.

Richard was just sitting on the pit wall watching, so I walked up and asked if I could get a picture.
He said "Sure, sit down."
So I have a picture of me and Richard sitting there looking like best friends.
Too bad I can't find it.

My and my friends were a,t a race back in the 80's

Hey! I somehow missed u joining?? Did'nt (or dont) u race in the Max Wedge classes at the strip??

Lefty71

Hey! I somehow missed u joining?? Did'nt (or dont) u race in the Max Wedge classes at the strip??

Lefty71

No, must be someone else you're thinking of.
I just got back into bracket racing in local street class.

That's a great story and happy ending for your friend's son @Scott Engelhardt :thumbsup:

I tried about 10 years ago to get in touch with Bill 'Maverick' Golden to get an autographed picture of his A100 wheelstander. I never got a reply from his MySpace.com page, then I discovered recently that he had been a member of FABO. Sadly now he has passed on, the opportunity has vanished. It was also about seeking his approval to do what I wanted to do...so I amended my signage accordingly to avoid conflict.

Got to talk to Maverick twice at two different Mopar Nats. First time he was in the bed of The Wagon tinkering on the Hemi, and I stood there for maybe 10 minutes talking. Great guy.

Got to talk to Maverick twice at two different Mopar Nats. First time he was in the bed of The Wagon tinkering on the Hemi, and I stood there for maybe 10 minutes talking. Great guy.
Thanks. He was truly a showman....nothing got in his way to get that truck out for the crowds. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back