• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right Stuff Front Disc Brake Conversion Kits MDC62SD

Jim Kent

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I installed right stuff disc brakes above on my 65 Satellite. Front brakes grab for second then let go replaced master cylinder with same master #DBMC15. Bleed brakes but still having same results with second master with front brakes grabbing but then even with brake peddle down I can spin wheel as brakes release. Once you release and push down it grabs for short second then releases? Is there another dual master cylinder that better or works? Brother thinks I should get a 1500 psi gauge and check to see if pressure drops? Back drum brakes work fine. What am i missing Jim

Bleeder screws at the highest point on the calipers?
If you swapped sides you can never get the air out

Yes replaced block as original had 4 ports with single master cylinder 1 in block then out- 2 to front brakes and last went to back brakes. This is new dual master cylinder so front little tank goes to new front disc brakes and back larger one back goes to proportioning valve then to back brakes. Installed per instructions. Yes air bleeds face up so highest point as if I would swap disc's sides bleeds would be down low. Disc up front and rebuilt back drum brakes with all new lines. I've made some simple mistakes so appreciate the thoughts as I'm so close to getting it street worthy after 35 years. Jim

The larger reservoir feeds the disc brakes, they require more volume.

Don, You were spot on! Thought or swear the old 70's E bodies hook up front to front & back to back WRONG for right stuff? Looked for it in installation instructions and couldn't find description which one hooks to where except size of hook up. Must have of missed that information somewhere as not on the box either. Once I goggled it I knew you were right THANKS! Large reservoir goes to disc and smaller back reservoir goes to back drum! Now just have to check proportioning valve on back brakes! One big step closer to being road worth!!

Last edited:
I ran into a similar problem on a custom
brake set up for a rolling tube chassis.
I agree with Furious70 as a 2 lb
residual check valve fixed the issue.
20211227_151541_HDR.jpg

Jim, did you bench bleed the master prior to installing?

Yes, I would describe brake paddle 1/2 down would get stiff as large volume brake fluid had no where to go in the small volume required on rear!

Auto Transport Service
Back