• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rim size help

LAXmoparman

Local time
8:58 AM
Reaction score
hey guys thought I would ask a question about rim size. 67’ coronet. Just put the master brakes disc conversion kit on the front. The instructions say it requires 15” rims. I mounted my current 14” (American racing) rims on just to see the car with wheels on the front again and they mount just fine. Looks to be about a credit card worth of clearance between the rim and brake caliper. Is this not an acceptable clearance? Don’t want to have to buy all new rims and tires right away if I don’t need to. Thanks for any advice.

942D33C1-0E60-43D0-9E71-82D1A9C0802E.jpeg 1FF574D3-68EC-4179-85F6-425C6E959FE6.jpeg

run them a few miles and then pull them off and check for any scratching, if you don't find any your fine

I put a set of 14 inch road wheels on the Roadrunner after doing a right stuff conversion.. It also said 15 inch wheels but they cleared just fine. Maybe not a credit card it was about a 1/4 inch.

Auto Transport Service
Back