• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner

of course you could get one of these.....
5.jpg

Hum.
The Chevy and Ford people will be envious of your way cooler car?

You need to be more descriptive and show some pics of your intended purchase. As noted above - what's not to like about a 70 RR?

Well if you're like me, you'll drive it for a year then wish it had a 440. Then next year you will want a stroker motor, then a hemi. Then forced induction, better get some frame connectors, a cage, probably need a stronger axle and... and..

Tell ya' what, it would just be cheaper for you in the long run to send the car to me and forget the whole thing!

The only con is actually having to chose 1 car!

1970 is the only Roadrunner year that wasn't a "carry-over". 68 & 69 were pretty much identical looking, as was 71/72 and 73/74. 1970 is the one unique year in the Roadrunner Muscle Car era history. I think most would agree that 1970 was the pinnacle year for all Muscle Cars, and the 70 Roadrunner (or GTX for that matter) is one of the hot ones for all Muscle Cars. Of course I'm partial to the 70 model year, so take that for what it's worth! Hehe.

What else can you tell us about the car? What color? Air Grabber Hood? Console or column shift? Any other options?

Pictures and info please!!

Another of the pros is having one of the only cars that go (meep meep) from the factory. You can also tell everyone that you have become a "Beeper Boy".
Also when you show up or drive by you can say that you just gave every body the Bird! :D
The only con is that once you get it, you'll wish you did it a LONG time ago!

Last edited:
The pros of the 1970 are the high impact colors available. The cons are that it's not as good looking as a 69.

I would argue that an all white 69 is a high impact color.
Or looks just as good as one.
And some HIP colors are over used anyway.
I can say that since I've got a car that I painted Y3.

Auto Transport Service
Back