• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadside Score!

The Rebel

Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
Was out in the Charger today & saw this on the side of the road being thrown out, so in the trunk it & went! All washed up, felt added that I found at my grandparents house when we cleaned it out. Tools added!

thumbnail 1.jpg

thumbnail 2.jpg

thumbnail 3.jpg

thumbnail 4.jpg

Last edited:
LOL.... my good friend and Doctor of mine. His Wife sold his large rolling box full of tools to a neighbour across their street for 300 bucks. It had at least $15,000 worth of tools and aircraft specialty items in it !

Some of the best picks are from being trash picked, nice!

LOL.... my good friend and Doctor of mine. His Wife sold his large rolling box full of tools to a neighbour across their street for 300 bucks. It had at least $15,000 worth of tools and aircraft specialty items in it !
I have a buddy that has more tools than he needs (and doesn't use). He shops the garage sales and buys old US craftsman and snap-on for pennies on the dollar. He would have got that box for $250, lol.

To anyone that has ever owned a Ford and had to walk along a busy roadside, you do find some interesting things.
I've seen shoes, broken glass, underwear, newspapers, shreds of tires, license plates, water bottles with piss in them....all sorts of stuff.

To anyone that has ever owned a Ford and had to walk along a busy roadside, you do find some interesting things.
I've seen shoes, broken glass, underwear, newspapers, shreds of tires, license plates, water bottles with piss in them....all sorts of stuff.
ford.jpg

Maybe someone should start a dumpster diving thread. To brag about your best score. So far my best was a serviceable set of bucket seats, and I trashcan dive at the racetrack for empty race fuel cans. Considering a new 5gal plastic fuel jug is over $20 bucks, I figure I've got about $500 in cans that way.

I always check out the garbage cans at the Springfling swap meet. Never know what you’ll find

My best score was a 6500W generator that someone just dumped at the transfer station, no idea if it was good or not but scrap alone would be worth a few bucks so I wrested it into my truck. Got it home and started diagnosis...turned out the needle and seat in the carb had stuck open and filled the motor with fuel...guess they went to use it and it was hydro-locked and assumed it was junk so tossed it. Drained the oil and fuel, let it air out for a day or two, pulled the carb apart and cleaned everything, some fresh oil and fuel and it fired right up!

Now I have a generator panel in my house and it runs the well, furnace, fridge, some lights and a few outlets!

Auto Transport Service
Back