• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Options

ksurfer2

Local time
7:10 AM
Reaction score
My motor has been at the machine shop for months now. It has been one delay after another. Back in early August, I was told there was a 6-8 week delivery time for a set of Jesel shaft rockers. I stopped by the machine shop on Wednesday to try and get some kind of update. At this time, they still don't have the rockers and they could not provide me with any update on a deliver. What other options are there for rockers for a set of Edelbrock Victor heads on a 512" RB that I run in an NSS car. I currently have a set of Hughes rockers (1.5 ratio) on it. The engine builder recommended against reusing those and going to a better rocker.

rocker assembly.jpg

Call Jessel yourself to make sure what they are saying is true. I should not have to tell you why. Lots of shops have a manual full of excuses.

Are you going to a different cam that will require a significant bump up in spring load?

My recollection is that you are/were running springs that were about 600lbs open.
If that’s still the case, I don’t know that I’ve heard of anyone having issues with the Hughes rockers with springs in that range.

The choices I’m aware of are:
- Jesel
- T & D
- Harland Sharp
- Hughes

The Hughes stuff seems to have a pretty good reputation. If I was going out to buy tha absolute best. I'd buy T&D with the paired rockers on 4 seperate shafts. Really nice, but pricey. Mine were used when I bought them. No idea how many passes they had at that time. 950 runs since at 310/805 spring pressure.
Doug

T&D does have a part number for both single shaft and paired rockers for the Victor MW heads.

The big question would be…….how long to actually get a set?

What did your machine shop specifically have against Hughes rockers? I have a pair and they look bomb proof.

Auto Transport Service
Back