• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Panel Mount Clip R&R

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Hey guy’s getting ready to paint and forgot to remove the last rocker clip. Thats because I believe this is riveted in? Ideally I would like to remove and reinstall after I shoot the body. What’s the best way to get the suckers off (nope not a Stormy Daniels reference).

09EFAC2C-8EC1-45BD-96E3-61E8ADCFBF3C.jpeg

There is a nut on the backside of that clip. See the round thing? That’s a stud. Use a wire brush and some penetrant first so you don’t ruin the threads.

How about all the plastic clips on the rest of it? You have a RP23 Sport Satellite? Those clips are unobtanium.

There is a nut on the backside of that clip. See the round thing? That’s a stud. Use a wire brush and some penetrant first so you don’t ruin the threads.

How about all the plastic clips on the rest of it? You have a RP23 Sport Satellite? Those clips are unobtanium.
Thanks!

Yes Sport Sat I assume the GTX had the same trim or was darn near identical.?.

Figures they are not available. They snapped when removing them. 50 year old plastic is no longer plastic. They are like peanut brittle without the darn peanuts. I wonder if I can fab/modify something or have someone make them on a 3D printer?

1970 GTX and road runner rocker trim was optional only and is a different width than a sport satellite, totally different. And so are the WW trims, they have a relief for the rocker form ro mate up to it, where on the GTX they don’t touch.

If they are the same as the ones on the rocker of an R/T, you can get them. I'm not sure where I got mine, but it was one of the resto places. The kit came with new "first" clips too. I didn't even take off the original, we just painted it. It will be under the trim.

If they are the same as the ones on the rocker of an R/T, you can get them. I'm not sure where I got mine, but it was one of the resto places. The kit came with new "first" clips too. I didn't even take off the original, we just painted it. It will be under the trim.
Thanks I’ll look into getting the clips. After learning that the first clips are screwed in Im gonna try and remove before I paint them. In the event I don’t use permanently or temporarily the chrome at least the metal will look decent albeit with a set of holes. Plus its just the right way to do it.

1970 GTX and road runner rocker trim was optional only and is a different width than a sport satellite, totally different. And so are the WW trims, they have a relief for the rocker form ro mate up to it, where on the GTX they don’t touch.
I didn’t know this and am surprised. That means I’ll probably never have the chance to buy wheel well chrome trim for this car.

Looks like the Aftermarket parts may not be correct for the Sport Satellite supporting what you said about width??

B57B4EE4-B861-4BD7-8009-3C6ADAC34085.png

Last edited:
I found these and they are just like original. Fit 64 fury rocker chrome too.

20230228_152630.jpg

20230228_152642.jpg

20230228_153219.jpg

Now you know why you got on to this forum... Lots of knowledge on here.

Auto Transport Service
Back