• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotisserie opinions , please.

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I am looking to purchase a rotisserie and since I have never owned or used one, trying to figure out which one with what options do I want. I hate to buy something and then find out for a dollar more I could have gotten more of what I want. So, can you owners and users chime in on what does and does not work for you. Am looking at Titian, Redline, Auto Twirlers, Whirly Jig. I do know I want the wheel option that allows for yard or terrane rolling. Also can see this being used by family for a non Mopar car in its future.

One gent on here said he spotted for the air hookup option but for his needs , that was overkill. Guess that is what I am looking for, whats is a must have and what not needed.......thank all...

I’ve got an Auto Twirler that suits me just fine. Once the body is centered you can turn it with one finger. You’ll have to fab your own brackets, but I guess you’ll have to with the other ones. Screw jacks to center the body to the pivot, hydraulic jacks to raise and lower. I bought it unpainted and rattle canned some primer on it, it’s going to get all kinds of abrasive dust and overspray on it. Sorry I don’t have any pictures.

I have built two of mine own over the years. First one sold off with the project. Second one is loaned out currently. The good thing is no piece is over 5' long, it all stores conveniently when not in use. Up on my 4th shelf stored in first picture. The other pics are from when I set it up and numbered all of the connections because I was tired of showing every how it assembles.

20200915_193210.jpg 100_1322.jpg 100_1320.jpg 100_1318.jpg

I paid $600 used for mine very heavy duty. A China one but post are 4” square with 8 ton jacks on each end. Strong enough for the Savoy, Duster and soon the Belvedere. Only thing I’d like to change are the tires (8”) over to say a 16” tire wheel so I could bring out off the concrete to the gravel driveway to wash down or sandblast, some kits have that. Just make sure it will support 5000 pounds safely.

I like this one. probably because it is the one I purchased and use. I can't compare it to anything else since this is the only one I have used. It does what I want/need it to do and didn't break the bank. It is the Redline Stands ROT 3000 LD as seen in my restoration thread "73 Roadrunner 340 Auto" starting at post #84 or you could upgrade to the RTS 3000
100_8531-jpg.jpg

Thanks guys, Builderguy I do like the anti turn over brackets with the Redline units. I m old now and doing things with safety in mind ranks much higher than once did. Seems most are satisfied with their choices and thats good. I hate to get something I want and find out later, that ain t what I want.......

Don’t look at the junk but here’s mine
image.jpg
image.jpg

I made these jack
image.jpg
feet to stabilize off the tires

So, what is the weight limit on these? Can you put a B Body on these and not have to strip it down?

So, what is the weight limit on these? Can you put a B Body on these and not have to strip it down?
Well you have to take the bumpers off to hook it up and the engine would be real difficult to get out to. IMO The reason for the rotisserie is working on the body-painting then some assembly of hard to get to pieces underneath. I’ll add the lighter it is the easier to turn and you better have the balance centered or holy **** when you do turn it.!

Well you have to take the bumpers off to hook it up and the engine would be real difficult to get out to. IMO The reason for the rotisserie is working on the body-painting then some assembly of hard to get to pieces underneath. I’ll add the lighter it is the easier to turn and you better have the balance centered or holy **** when you do turn it.!

Thanks.

After asking about for a rotisserie I bought a used Titian. One of my car buds went to North Ga. to purchase a 62 convertible Thunderbird and the guy had the Titian he had used for one restoration . So, got it hauled to my place for $1000. Plan is to have my first car on it by early spring. Just got to make some brackets.

IMG_0351.jpg

Built my own in the early 90's.. Neighbor welded it for me.... Metal was alot cheaper back then..
DSCF0217.JPG
DSCF0791.JPG

Does anyone remember the one that bolted up to one side of your car, and you rolled it over onto that side?? 20 years ago or so?? Was Eastwood selling it? I cannot remember.... Seems like you were to use your cherry picker??
Anyone have or has anyone used one??

Auto Transport Service
Back