• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotors rub on caliper pins

Rob1968

Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
I purchased a disc brake kit for my 66 Charger.
Both of my rear rotors are rubbing on the caliper pins.
Car has a 8 3/4” rear end.
Pins and caliper brackets are straight and not bent.
Rotors are centered and sitting on axle hub like it should.
I’m thinking the rotors are too big.

AF26D3E6-1B48-486E-B98F-2F23E49373CD.jpeg 72D6F522-731A-4ABA-9C59-9AEAD160637E.jpeg BB8C51D7-285E-4B80-86D7-11E645D7AB5B.jpeg 97F5A576-9B4B-463B-8489-B6F63BA763B4.jpeg

Did you get the rotors with the brake kit or did you purchase them separately? I would contact the company that you bought the kit from and explain your situation. Maybe they sent the wrong brake kit for your year of car or axle. Just my to 2 worth.

Yes rotors came with kit
I already contacted company
I was curious if anyone else had experienced this.

let us know what you did you did to fix your problem, it may help another member that encounteres the same problem.

Well the company sent me new caliper mounting brackets thinking they were improperly drilled.
Not the case.

Not yet
The company I purchased the kit from got another call from someone else with same problem. Finally! Giving me credibility.

THE ROTORS ARE OUT OF SPEC!!!

I was told by salesmen for the company that he had to get two sets of rotors from China for me and the other person. They should be here next week.
I’ll let you know if they fit.

ps the company isn’t selling that rear kit until a new run of rotors come in from China come in.

Auto Transport Service
Back