• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundback Alternator Spacer/Bushing/Insert Part Number

mrmolding

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the part number is for this part? I looked in the service manual and it is called an insert in the 70 diagram but in the parts book, it is not listed. Just the insert/bushing/spacer that fits into the mounting hole that is closest to the engine. I know I could use washers, etc, just wondering if there is a specific size or part for these. I've gotten a few kits over the years for brackets and spacers, but this is never included. Thanks!

AlternatorInsertFromManual.png

and from another alternator...
136.JPG

It is a critical sliding spacer. Washers can cause case distortion and alternator failure. Any alternator/starter shop should have them.

Does anyone know what the part number is for this part? I looked in the service manual and it is called an insert in the 70 diagram but in the parts book, it is not listed. Just the insert/bushing/spacer that fits into the mounting hole that is closest to the engine. I know I could use washers, etc, just wondering if there is a specific size or part for these. I've gotten a few kits over the years for brackets and spacers, but this is never included. Thanks!

View attachment 1388760

and from another alternator...
View attachment 1388762
Probably best to start a wanted thread. I don't believe I have ever seen the for sale separately.

Looking in some of my other parts manuals the same number 2095052 was used up into the 1980's

You guys are AWESOME! Thanks!!!

It is a critical sliding spacer. Washers can cause case distortion and alternator failure. Any alternator/starter shop should have them.
I went to a local alternator shop a few days ago and the owner told me he had not seen a roundback in years. He was very nostalgic about the roundback I took to show him and he explained all of the internal parts, stator sizes, etc. He looked to be in his late 60s. He tested it no charge as well. Very nice guy. Told me to cut one to fit which was my next move. But, I'm glad I asked here -- I did look in my manual first! :) Thanks again everyone I ordered a few.

Last edited:
I went to a local alternator shop a few days ago and the owner told me he had not seen a roundback in years. He was very nostalgic about the roundback I took to show him and he explained all of the internal parts, stator sizes, etc. He looked to be in his late 60s. He tested it no charge as well. Very nice guy. Told me to cut one to fit which was my next move. But, I'm glad I asked here -- I did look in my manual first! :) Thanks again everyone I ordered a few.
Square back takes the same bushing. It is not a normal bushing. It is like split and spring loaded. It also is an odd size as I remember. I have see guys use a bushing that does not fit right and it vibrates the crap out of the alternator. Getting the right one is a plus for you.

They all pretty much use the same one, the link I gave him was an aircraft parts guys stock. Many use Ford and Chrysler alternators that all use the same sliding spacer split pin.

Auto Transport Service
Back