• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RR 71 72 rear bumper interchangable

AZRC

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Just curious if the 71 and 72 Road Runner/Satellite/GTX rear bumpers are interchangable. I understand that there might be an electrical harness that needs adjusting but more worried about mounting and overall fit.

Thanks

i don't think so cause the taillights are different shapes the 71s are a square, which i have but the 72s are more like a trapezoid shape.

Nope, they are not interchangable, unless you also use the lower valence as well. If you do that, you can change them out. I have a 72 bumper on my 71 just because I like the look.

The reason I am asking is because I also like the look of the 72 rear bumper better than the 71 and I know that is just an opinion because some like the opposite.

So BUCKNECCID, did you have to weld in the lower valence? Were the rear bumper mounting points the same. Just curious what you had to do to put the 72 rear on a 71 RR.

Thanks

You got a PM. No welding, it's all bolt in, you just need the parts. MIGHT have to extend the light harness, I can't remember, but there are pics and more explanation in the PM

Auto Transport Service
Back