• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber floor options.

Huicho417

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
I own a 1967 coronet 440 and have reached the point where I can work on the interior. Anyone know where I can purchase a vinyl/rubber floor? I would like to stay away from the traditional carpet to not have to worry on the rainy days.

Highly unlikely you will find rubber floor for a B body. Good luck with that. I may be wrong. Somebody will know if any were ever available.

Does Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) offer them ? I know I saw them somewhere, as my '65 Coronet may need one...

But if you do get water between the rubber and the metal floorpan then you have a real recipe for rust.

But if you do get water between the rubber and the metal floorpan then you have a real recipe for rust.

My same thoughts.....when I did my 78 powerwagon the rubber original floor held water between it and the floor and rotted out. The carpet woulda possibly let some dry time happen that the rubber prevented. I replaced it with carpet for this exact reason.

If I remember correctly, one of the companies that make trunk mats sells bulk material. Maybe you can make your own.

I talked to all of the major MFG of classic car carpets (three at the time) a few years ago about a replacement for the rubber mat in my RL21 base Satellite.

None of them were even aware that a "no carpet" configuration was available when new.

So much for that. I ended up going with carpet.

I looked at ACC, they offer a Vinyl Floor covering...

I own a 1967 coronet 440 and have reached the point where I can work on the interior. Anyone know where I can purchase a vinyl/rubber floor? I would like to stay away from the traditional carpet to not have to worry on the rainy days.
Maybe try weathertech to cover carpeted area's, I don't see how rubber is going to keep anything from getting tin worm.

Auto Transport Service
Back