• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rust areas?

wedgie

Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
I am supposed to look at a 72 B body this weekend, for my wife. What areas are the most rust prone? I'd hate to find that I purchased a bondo-bucket. Any advice is appreciated as I am normally a '62-'65 guy.

If the car is in the north east, its a good call reading the links where to check.. Road salt is a killer around here for a 40 year old car. Quickly though the cowl area, and bottoms of fenders, quarter panels bottoms real likely spots.. around the base of the windows is another good place i like to look, sometimes the seal gos in window channel and water lays there until it rusts thru.

Look inside the trunk area,also underneath at the rocker panels,crossmember for the torsion bars

I don't remember if we mentioned the lip under the trunk weatherstrip, just above the bumper, near the corners.

behind the hood hinges

Hey, thanks guys. Sounds like the typical rust areas are the same as the rust areas for '62-'65 B bodies. Too bad that I had to wait until the weekend to see the car. Sold and gone.

Sorry it went before you could get there. But at least now you're all set for inspecting the next car that shows up! :)

Hey, thanks guys. Sounds like the typical rust areas are the same as the rust areas for '62-'65 B bodies. Too bad that I had to wait until the weekend to see the car. Sold and gone.

Sorry its gone but there out there, You'll find another she likes!

Auto Transport Service
Back