• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S6E

RedBeard

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been "refreshing" my 67 interior which is Black carpet with Gold seats and panels. Interior paint code is PPG 22732 Gold poly and upholstery is 630 Gold. My question is why does it seem that there are 3 different colors of Gold for the interior? Am I correct in the assumption of fading over the years and the different materials resulting the 3 shades of Gold?

Probably.... different materials always show slight variations, and the light from that big back window adds another dimension as well. Then Gold is also a very strong offender in that department!! Google some Charger images in Gold interior.... almost all of them support what you have stated.

They were like that even when new; consistency of color varied among various materials and suppliers.
Usually there are 4 shades of color, with 3 of them being variations on the darker hue; plastic, seat belts, and non-glare surfaces can differ from the dark vinyl, and each other.
Some items, like defroster vents, definitely faded if they saw a lot of sunlight.

Probably.... different materials always show slight variations, and the light from that big back window adds another dimension as well. Then Gold is also a very strong offender in that department!! Google some Charger images in Gold interior.... almost all of them support what you have stated.
Yep, done that. I guess I was blessed with that challenge. Been trying to source the paint for the sail panels. Tried Herbs but was the 630 color. Great paint though. My local PPG place did a small can for touchup for the 22732 Gold and it matches great with the sail panels but they don't do rattle cans. I was hoping to not have to bring out the air gun. Had a nice airbrush to do what I want but lost it in a flood back in 2011. May have to find a replacement.

Auto Transport Service
Back