• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sacrilege I Know - but inquiring about Quality Alternator for an 03 Lexus

Ed, he's also a '68 GTX guy, so he thought he was among friends here, with a wealth of automotive knowledge, who might cut him some slack on choice of daily driver.
I appreciate your concern (and apparent lack of sense of humor in this case), but you can relax....
He and I get along quite well and at least he knows I'm just playing. :lol:

Hey it's nice he found a real tech that actually took the time to do a proper diagnosis. There aren't many of us older guys out there anymore and the younger techs and writers just shoot from the hip.
It's a real shame that the older generation like me with 40 years of import experience are getting ready to retire soon and there is NOBODY to replace me.

Gus

Hey it's nice he found a real tech that actually took the time to do a proper diagnosis. There aren't many of us older guys out there anymore and the younger techs and writers just shoot from the hip.
It's a real shame that the older generation like me with 40 years of import experience are getting ready to retire soon and there is NOBODY to replace me.

Gus
Thats exactly what happened Gus.The guy at the shop I went to was an old timer. He told me he checked it twice and could find nothing. I told him the dealer story and a look of disgust came over his face. And you're right about something else to - there's a sad road ahead for us that knew what things used to be like. These younger everything are a brewing nightmare and little we can do about it. I started seeing it in the industry I was in 20 years ago and just knew I could see dark clouds forming for future. Well the future is here ......

Auto Transport Service
Back