• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sadly The '69 Charger Was Put Away For Winter Today, BUT......

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
8:06 AM
Reaction score
I figured I'd share these with everyone. I'll start off with a couple pictures of the Charger first but while putting the car away this wild '69 Roadrunner was next door to my stepdads friends shop, it used to be my stepdads friends from what I remember him saying but he sold it to this hotrod shop and it used to be all stock but is now a tube chassis. I saw it once while it was being built and all I could say is wow. Apparently the engine under the gray blanket is a blown 572 HEMI cause they have a video of it running on their facebook page, which I'll put the link for. They also have a 50's Ford truck bed they're restoring too outside next to the Roadrunner. The '66 Charger in the garage is my stepdads other friends car who got it from his father, it used to be a 318 3 on the tree car and now has a stroked 383 and a 4 speed. The color is black with mostly red interior, but I don't know they are the original colors or not.

charger 1.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

roadrunner 1.jpg

roadrunner  2.jpg

roadrunner 3.jpg

roadrunner 4.jpg

roadrunner 5.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

Video of it running.........

The truck bed they have.......

truck bed.jpg

This is the shop with the car........

DiDomenico Hotrods | Cromwell CT

Last edited:
Beautiful cars! But I don’t get the “lawnmower running out of gas” thing that I hear a lot of blown cars doing lately. I guess I’m just old, because it sounds like they aren’t tuned properly.

Beautiful cars! But I don’t get the “lawnmower running out of gas” thing that I hear a lot of blown cars doing lately. I guess I’m just old, because it sounds like they aren’t tuned properly.
Blower surge

Blower surge
I remember plenty of Pro Street cars in the 80’s and 90’s, with roots supercharged engines, and none of them did that. I guess it’s like the younger crowd, “tuning” their 4 bangers to backfire. Not my thing.

Auto Transport Service
Back