• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego

It was great duty... Didn't appreciate just how good it was at the time... Young & dumb...
That's how it was with my first duty station at Roosevelt Roads. I was running around trying to my peepee into everything I could and didn't do enough "quality" time.
I really hope my kids can have the same kind of experiences I did. I wish every 18-24 year old could get out in the world like I did. I mean like really get out in the world and not just the US. By the time I was 25 I had been around the world a couple of times. When I was 32 and in college I had this biatch try to school me on life and I asked her where she had been. Turns out she had only been as far north as LA and as far south as TJ. She was an expert by her own estimate.

My travels took me to Puerto Rico, Spain, Germany, Guam, England, Alaska, Okinawa, Mainland Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, and Guam.

My advice to kids in the military these days is to slow down, take a breath, see the sites, wear condomes, get a tattoo. And seek mental health treatment if you happen to see a bunch of people die along your journey.

That's how it was with my first duty station at Roosevelt Roads. I was running around trying to my peepee into everything I could and didn't do enough "quality" time.
I really hope my kids can have the same kind of experiences I did. I wish every 18-24 year old could get out in the world like I did. I mean like really get out in the world and not just the US. By the time I was 25 I had been around the world a couple of times. When I was 32 and in college I had this biatch try to school me on life and I asked her where she had been. Turns out she had only been as far north as LA and as far south as TJ. She was an expert by her own estimate.

My travels took me to Puerto Rico, Spain, Germany, Guam, England, Alaska, Okinawa, Mainland Japan, Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq, and Guam.

My advice to kids in the military these days is to slow down, take a breath, see the sites, wear condomes, get a tattoo. And seek mental health treatment if you happen to see a bunch of people die along your journey.

I see you hit Guam twice!!! I only got there once for about 18 months.. Loved it, most guys didn't but the diving was great, most of the locals were very friendly.... Spain yup, Germany yup, England yup, Japan yup, Alaska yup, Italy, Turkey, Australia... And a few more... Missed Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq... And can't say I feel bad about it....

I see you hit Guam twice!!! I only got there once for about 18 months.. Loved it, most guys didn't but the diving was great, most of the locals were very friendly.... Spain yup, Germany yup, England yup, Japan yup, Alaska yup, Italy, Turkey, Australia... And a few more... Missed Bahrain, Kuwait, Iraq... And can't say I feel bad about it....

Yeah, only went once but I guess there is a reason I typed it twice. That was a pretty bad experience.

Fair winds and following seas, GM2. You are relieved of your watch.
http://jaredkrutke.com/

Yeah, only went once but I guess there is a reason I typed it twice. That was a pretty bad experience.

Fair winds and following seas, GM2. You are relieved of your watch.
http://jaredkrutke.com/

Bad deal, sorry about your buddy...

Back to Coronado... I parked at Glorietta Bay Marina & hiked up Orange Ave to Centennial Park, then took the bike trail along the harbor.... Nice scenic walk.. The trail didn't exist back when I was stationed there...

Gotta say, with this Covid crap the traffic was much lighter than when I visited a couple years ago.... Almost as light as it was all the time back in the 70's...

welcome.png

Welcome from Missouri!!

Welcome from the central coast. Used to live in Ramona for 22 years.

When I was in the club? What did you have? Who did you hang with?

Baaab!. Yes I heard about Chris. He is in a good place now. Did you checkout any of his stuff?

Welcome! Lived in Imperial Beach and Paradise Hills for many years myself. Restored a couple cars on the Amphibian base Hobby shop on Coronado with the wife in my Navy days.

Welcome! Lived in Imperial Beach and Paradise Hills for many years myself. Restored a couple cars on the Amphibian base Hobby shop on Coronado with the wife in my Navy days.

I think they closed the hobby shop.. Google Earth pictures don't show any car type activity in that location... Paint booth gone, long term spaces, gone, open bays, gone...

I think they closed the hobby shop.. Google Earth pictures don't show any car type activity in that location... Paint booth gone, long term spaces, gone, open bays, gone...

Yeah I am not surprised. Wife and I was a regular there 85-90. Could rent the booth for $50 for 24 hours. Great times. Wife taught me how to paint in it.
Jens-Duster.jpg

Yeah I am not surprised. Wife and I was a regular there 85-90. Could rent the booth for $50 for 24 hours. Great times. Wife taught me how to paint in it.
View attachment 1032937

Funny, the tennis courts are still there.... I spent many many hours working in a stall along that back fence.....

were you in the mopar club ?

Auto Transport Service
Back