• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satellite gas cap?

NvrSatisfied

Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
I recently placed an order for a new gas cap from Herbs. Well, it arrived and they substituted a different cap and it would not work. In speaking with them, they said the cap I need ('66 Satellite) was discontinued. My current cap has had previous shade-tree repairs and I would like to find a new cap. Anyone know where I might look next?

Last edited:
gas cap

Is it chrome plated or painted? Is 66 and 67 the same?

Attachments

• 20140608_203118.jpg
    20140608_203118.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 20140608_203128.jpg
    20140608_203128.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 172
I would think 66 & 67 are the same, but I'm not positive. Mine is painted and the exterior looks good. The issue is with the "ears" on the back that lock the cap in place. They have been brazed in place by someone and they are actually crooked. It's also next to impossible to get a gasket on the back side that won't leak a little. That is actually my main concern. The rest of my car is really nice and I was hoping to locate a nice replacement and if nothing else, have my body guy paint it to match.

Thanks JC Barker. That one was a bargain and I bought it. Any others that I bid on sold in upwards of $200 and I couldn't stand the thought of someone painting it either. Sorry NvrSatisfied.

No problem moparbud66! I just got one from the same guy a couple of weeks back. He must have a stash. :)

Thanks JC Barker. That one was a bargain and I bought it. Any others that I bid on sold in upwards of $200 and I couldn't stand the thought of someone painting it either. Sorry NvrSatisfied.

No worries.
The more I looked at it, the more I was hesitant to pull the trigger on that cap. Frankly, it just wasn't clean enough for my car. I'll figure something out.

Auto Transport Service
Back