• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw this on facebook. Anyone looking for their 69 Rally dash?

BeepBeepRR

Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Guy on facebook is selling a 69 Charger I think it said SE rally dash. With vin in tact. Here is a picture of the vin and if I can find the ad i will post it too. XP29F9B226974

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

IMG_5031[1].PNG

He's selling the Vin tag, on a rusty frame :eek:
233706673_4263950870364002_6377092942905910877_n.jpg

It's been listed for 9 weeks, what no takers?

I believe it was Year One that stated when shipping a E body padded dash to remove the Vin tag first. It's against the law to ship a Vin tag. I never understood why Mopar put the Vin tag on a removable dash pad and not on a solid frame attached to the vehicle in the first place.

Its a federal crime here in the states too. But if someone actually owns that car. The dash would be very helpful to them. And the only reason I posted it. I didn't really think about someone using it for nefarious reasons. But I'm sure that is highly possible.. But a 318 car would not make it a gem to own.

Body Type: X = Dodge Charger
Price Class: P = Premium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Engine: F = 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Year: 9 = 1969
Sequence Number: 226974 = 126974th Vehical Built

Last edited:
I believe it was Year One that stated when shipping a E body padded dash to remove the Vin tag first. It's against the law to ship a Vin tag. I never understood why Mopar put the Vin tag on a removable dash pad and not on a solid frame attached to the vehicle in the first place.
Mazda Rx7's were the same way. My dash was cracked real bad but I had the parts car and both titles.

I would think that the dash/frame would be the last thing on the car to survive. Looking at this one I don't think the car even exists anymore.

Auto Transport Service
Back