• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scarebird brake company shutting down

GrabberOrange69

Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Damn, another company folding due to COVID/supply chain problems. Here’s their website announcement: Scarebird closing

Due to latent supply constraints from Covid-19, we have decided to shut down operation effective end of 2022. Items still listed are available - those not listed will not be replenished.

Phone is not is use - please email us direct:

[email protected]

We sincerely appreciate your patience. Website will revert to info only regarding kits previously sold in 2023.

This really sucks. I was planning on getting a couple sets of b body front disc brackets.

This really sucks. I was planning on getting a couple sets of b body front disc brackets.
In the mechanical parts for sale back a month or so there was a complete b body set up.

I'd have bought multiple sets if they'd made them to use the real common F/M/J or other stock Mopar calipers and rotors (or even just the calipers) rather than those 2 year only eldorado calipers.

...or did I miss a redesign or something. I bought a real early set (pre- ebay) and could never find calipers.

I have a couple of their kits on my vehicles. No complaints. Sad that they are going out of business.

Correct if I'm wrong here but wasn't their 'kit' just an adapter plate type of thing?

Correct if I'm wrong here but wasn't their 'kit' just an adapter plate type of thing?
Yep, plates, bolts, line keepers ect.
I went with the small dia. Kit so I could keep my 14s.
Gm single piston calipers , 10.75 Lincoln rotors.
I am real happy with the set up. Sorry to see them go.

Geez.....wonder who is going to bite the bullet next?

They had done the research also to give a list of compatible components that were required to work with their plates.

You buy the plates from them, and they did offer callipers for some kits, as well as unusual adaptors....but also recommended other items to purchase.

Supposedly they are back in business! I was doing a search to see if by chance I could locate a kit for my 64 D100, and went on the site.
It says under new management on 4/17/23 and the new owner will be manufacturing all the existing products.
Scarebird Classic Brakes LLC

Last edited:
That's great news. I am in the process of installing one of their kits on my Charger this weekend.

Auto Transport Service
Back