• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

scored a hemi

furyrestored

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I scored a complete 1959 392 hemi today with bellhousing and two different trannys flywheels extra cylinder heads heads all for 500 bucks,,gonna pull the poly out of the 60 dodge truck and put the 392 in it. Should be a little cooler looking when the hood is open with a big hemi in it and the wife is even excited about the conversion...SCORE

I will get some pics tomorrow I have to go back to the sellers house and dig everything out at 10 am..i have known about them for a while but just went and talked to the guy today about selling,,he said 500 takes it all and I said sold..there are two 354 hemi blocks and cranks there also and hope to have them loaded up in the back of my truck along with the 392 hopefully the one of the 60 dodge truck it is going in will upload though IMG_20130723_190535_445.jpg

Very cool! I'd snap that up if it were offered to me. I think 392 production ended in '58 though.

nope 59 its on the block ..cant wait to see them in my shop and out of his barn

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the roses on the truck.my cousin found it for me in tuscon az last summer and just about haveit ready to drive now. I am finishing up the brakes and then gonna scuff it and satin clear it and drive it around looking like this for a season or two once I get the hemi ready to drop in it I will either paint it black cherry or root beer we have not figured that out yet..it has put the roadrunner on hold

Love that gen of Dodge trucks, and especially the panel wagons. A 392 might make it easier to pull that trailer up hill!

They were making 392 Hemis in 2011...

1958 was the last year of production for that style hemi.

That's going to make a nice combo for your truck!

392 was still offered in the 1959 Imperial, the rest of the Chrysler lines had gone to wedge by then.

392 was still offered in the 1959 Imperial, the rest of the Chrysler lines had gone to wedge by then.

I was wondering about this as well. We used to use 392 's in our drag boats until the supply dried up, and I thought that we had a couple '59 blocks at one time.

the second digit in the numbers on the front rail is definitely a 9 so idont know if it has a1958 production date cast on it I will find out in a little bit as I am fixing to head his way and load everything up..it may have been built in 58 and then have been stamped with the 9 because it went in a 59 Chrysler either way I am happy to have pulled the trigger and scored some cool iron and the truck would be cool with the poly and 3 on the tree it has in it now but will be much cooler with a big hemi under the hood..

59 Imperial was 413,nothing else !!

1959 Imperial Southampton

Engine
Type V8 Overhead valve
Displacement 413.16 cu. in.
Cylinders 8
Bore & Stroke 4 3/16 & 3 3/4 inches
Compression Ratio-Std 10.1 to 1
Brake Horsepower 350@4600
Rated Horsepower 56.11
Torque 470@2800
Main Bearings 5
Valve Lifters Hydraulic
Engine No. Location Top front end of block behind water pump

Nice score! You might be able to sell the 354 parts and end up with a free Hemi. Life doesn't get much better! :headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back