• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

scored a hemi

59 Imperial was 413,nothing else !!

1959 Imperial Southampton

Engine
Type V8 Overhead valve
Displacement 413.16 cu. in.
Cylinders 8
Bore & Stroke 4 3/16 & 3 3/4 inches
Compression Ratio-Std 10.1 to 1
Brake Horsepower 350@4600
Rated Horsepower 56.11
Torque 470@2800
Main Bearings 5
Valve Lifters Hydraulic
Engine No. Location Top front end of block behind water pump

Perhaps the average Imperial had the 413, but the Crown Limo appears to have bucked the trend.

http://www.guildclassiccars.com/pro...llimousine-theguildofautomotiverestorers.html

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1959-crown-imperial.htm

Nice score. Get all the numbers at the front of the valley pan that will tell you what you have. I have a 392 myself and love it. Mine is in a 40 ford but at least it is Chrysler motor.

Attachments

• IM001018 (Small).JPG
    IM001018 (Small).JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 156
sounds like a cool project, now you'll say "It's got a Hemi"
good luck

well after getting it in the light it is a 57 392 I thought it was a 9 but it was a 7 on the front rail propably needs to be rebuilt as it is all apart but complete,the cylinders were greased up good and the guy said it had been in his building for 25 years and his brother tore it apart and he didn't know why as it was in a good running car when he pulled it out.he had a bunch of different cylinder heads and stuff laying around and I grabbed a set of 55 heads that I read somewhere that the 54 -55 heads flowed better and have hardened seats so i guess I will pull them apart and do a valve job on them,,i am gonna get a hold of my engine guru and see when he can hot tank and magna flux the block and heads and see where we stand,, looking forward to getting it in the truck and cruising around popping the hood for people to check it out...

Auto Transport Service
Back