• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scotch whiskey: Do you imbibe?

If anyone local wants it, or wants it shipped, I dont drink whiskey. You're welcome to it. Someone at work gave it to me.
Well, I'm not local but not all that far away either :D 77505

Let the filthy rich play with that stuff......I'll stay with the 22 dollar bourbon that simulates Crown Royal LOL
Rich and Rare Reserve?
rich-rare-reserve.png

I have actually been on a whiskey tasting adventure as of late.
Skrewball is pretty good if you like peanut butter. This is probably the 3rd bottle this year.
The pumpkin spice I likely would never buy again.
Cabot trail is good. Likely this bottle will hang around awhile.
I just realized I got the wrong Wayne Gretzky one, but I will try it.
I tried the Gretzky oak barrel one and thought it was pretty good.

No I am not a professional whiskey taster but in my youth i did the usual crown royal, Jack Daniel's and canadian club. Now I am more into trials of other things. Refine my taste buds

Ok I will get off my snob stool now.
20231025_205157.jpg
20231025_205200.jpg

I just found out I'm traveling to London to get a brief at our UK office. We talk scotch a lot and my counterpart informed me the whisky sniffers are at the ready and he's got a few special "tastings" for me :)

How much would just one shot of this elixir go for?
It's probably a little out of my price range...

View attachment 1545920
Back in about 1991 I was working for a Media Installation company, and we travelled around the UK for week long jobs. The Royal Bank of Scotland HQ in Glasgow was a favourite. My buddy and I stayed in a Bed & Breakfast just a 5-minute walk past a Whisky House. They did tastings and it was actually like a very small friendly pub....almost homely. Each day after work we stopped in for a pint or two of Guiness with accompanying shots of whisky. Those stop-ins seemed to get longer each visit, but that was all good.....bag of hot chips on the way home and a few pints, with some whisky chasers....no finer way to end the day.

Anyhoo....what we discovered was the older the whisky, the more you pay ....and the more you pay, the smoother the taste. The most expensive one I was willing to part cash with was a 30-year old single malt (being a bit snobbish I don't generally drink blends) :p ...and man was that so nice. Definitely steered clear of anything under 14 years old.....(focus guys - I'm talking whisky here) and it was a strategy worth sticking with.

Now one of those jobs took us to Madrid, Spain....twice.....and did we get into some trouble there.....I made the mistake of drinking Johnnie Walker Red Label. Some shenanigans occurred, and the night ended with me projectile spewing my guts just after managing to scramble out of the taxi. I couldn't remember the name of our Hotel, so I said something a long the lines of (in my best high school Spanish) - "Big Hotello, ovo toppo hillo"
Driver looked less than impressed....but he knew the place. :lol: My buddy thought it was hilarious. That was the weekI was introduced to the sweet sounds of Nirvana.

....sorry to rattle on like a mini-Ed story. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back