• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat belt retractors on a 1966

Per the IBM card.
My car is supposed to have them. Front and rear.

So....if so. Should all 4 rear belts have them ????

Looks like the same I put in my GTX. Found in the local pick and pay yard. And they came out of a '74 B100 van. ($6.50 for 2)
:thumbsup:
20240514_080214.jpg

Per the IBM card.
My car is supposed to have them. Front and rear.

So....if so. Should all 4 rear belts have them ????
My 500 has them on the front seats. I'll have to let it down off the rack and see if the rears do too

In the 65 accessory catalog. "All models equipped with seat belts" I don't think they left the factory with them.
1715700116104.png
1715700134190.png

My 67 Satellite has retractors on the front belts, but not on the rears. The set I pulled out of 67 Belv II hdtp is the same - fronts only.

My '66 Belvedere II came with them on all four (two front, two rear). Even though it seats six, it only came with four sets of belts.

Ok, I'll get a pair on order for the male side of the rear belt only

Anyone used the repops

Last edited:
My '66 Belvedere II came with them on all four (two front, two rear). Even though it seats six, it only came with four sets of belts.
Mine is a bench seat and didn't come with them, unless they were lost somewhere along their 60 year journey.

The rear retractors were a separate option from the front I was told. My 66 has both but I don’t know if that’s OEM from the factory. I did not know seat belts and retractor boots were separate for the front. Some of these order options were a lot more unusual back then than I realized. Just like the GTX someone recently posted that had power windows in the front only. Rear power windows (or all windows powered) was a separate option.

Last edited:
Per my IBM card.

Mine is supposed to be fronts. And rears

BILL A WI.jpg

It's in the lower left corner of the sheet.....Auto DNA Dan Pausch

Auto Transport Service
Back