• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat foam for 69 charger question?

Devjas

Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Wow, I am so glad to be part of this Mopar family...
My first question is of an opinion type..
I am 6'6" and find my seats to be a bit too soft. I hate when my rear sinks into the seat because it puts pressure on my lower back on long rides. Would anyone know if there is a super firm foam available to replace what I have now?
Thanks gang... DSC01494.jpg

I've got a guy doing the springs and foam in my Bench right now and I've asked him to make it more firm. Are you wanting to do the foam yourself? I would just pop into an upholstery shop and ask what they recommend... see what they will try and sell you then you can always go buy it cheaper at a fabric place.

Yes, I want to do it myself. Something interesting that you mentioned about your springs. If I remove the seats and take them to an upholstery shop can they also make the springs stiffer to me existing seats?

I would say yes they can.. I'm not sure if it would mean new springs or putting something on the old to add tension... Truth be told I was referred to a local guy to take care of my springs and foam for $100 so I didn't really ask many questions.

drop me a line once completed and let me know if you are happy with the results...
thanks

I read an article a while back where an upholtery shop shaped some rubber foam into a cone shape (just like the spings) and installed it in the springs which firmed up the seat. You could try that.

welcome to FBBO & good luck with your Chargers soft seat/springs

Auto Transport Service
Back