• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat mounts question

Richie

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I finally found a very solid 68 Coronet. Bought it right away. One question I have is are the outer track mounts for the bucket seats the right width to mount a split bench seat? Thanks.

Yes, I believe they are. The outer seat bolts attach through brackets that are welded to the unit body outer sill. These brackets would be the same no matter what type of seat is installed.

If so that's good because it may be made into a Super Bee clone. I already have a good 1968 383

Show us some pictures of that 68, please.

That's the fun part. We don't care how it looks, just want to appreciate it for what it is and what it will be.

That's the fun part. We don't care how it looks, just want to appreciate it for what it is and what it will be.
Here ya go lol

automatic 727 Coronet 500. It has a 741 but I have a bran new 742 to put in it. Things are going to take a while to finish. The trunk is the worse part. It's had. I'll get the both quarters and wheels houses replaced part of a rocker and a door pillar. Some guy was doing a Super Bee project back in the 80s and attacked this poor car, he drill out the spot welds for the door pillar and sawed out part of the rocker. Thank god he didn't saw into any of the main structure of the car. After this happened from what I understood the car sat for about 40 years on a farm...Typical car story lol...Other than the bad parts I mentioned everything else is very good frame rails torsion bar mount floor engine comp area around upper control arms framing around windshield the cowl plus it still had its fender tag.

52482942373_32a732d9e2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice 68. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just start cleaning it up and fixing stuff, and you will be cruising in no time.

Auto Transport Service
Back