• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat side cover identification bucket rt

To answer your question about inner and outer seat skirts, I believe on a 67 R/T they came standard equipped with bucket seats and if you opted for either a console or buddy seat they were deleted. If the car was built without either console/buddy seat the seat had skirts on the inner side as well.
Bennoel
The small one is the correct side for the out side of the bucket seat.

To answer your question about inner and outer seat skirts, I believe on a 67 R/T they came standard equipped with bucket seats and if you opted for either a console or buddy seat they were deleted. If the car was built without either console/buddy seat the seat had skirts on the inner side as well.
Bennoel
Thank you

Hello I have a couple questions regarding the of back of the seat you are restoring for the 67 R/T.
Your initial post (#1) your second photo shows the back striped bare ... did you sandblast or glass bead or?? the surface clean?

Since I haven't removed the original surface was the underlying base textured or smooth?

Where can I buy the lower back rug looking part for both sides?...

Thank you snakeoil24:thumbsup: Mike

Mike,

1. I media blasted the backs with Dupont star blast. It only removed the black color.
2. I took the backs and sides to a local radiator shop and they soaked the parts in Caustic soda 3 days. No change at all.
3. I tried heat in a hidden space turned to swiss cheese and a mess. The sticky mess was a mess.
4. One of the smaller covers i got lucky it peeled off clean like a wall paper.
5. Plan B body work dings and scratches. Then apply adhesion promoter. Sem Brand, using black 2 part epoxy.
6. Apply Sem adhesion promoter again.
7. 2 coats sem plastic spray paint.
8 Spray Sem Texture coating spray.
9. Light sand texture coat wet with 400 wd paper.
10. Apply another coat texture and sand again
11. Final low gloss PPG clear coat 2 coats for scuff resistance only cause i need for dash want texture to match to dash.

Mike,

1. I media blasted the backs with Dupont star blast. It only removed the black color.
2. I took the backs and sides to a local radiator shop and they soaked the parts in Caustic soda 3 days. No change at all.
3. I tried heat in a hidden space turned to swiss cheese and a mess. The sticky mess was a mess.
4. One of the smaller covers i got lucky it peeled off clean like a wall paper.
5. Plan B body work dings and scratches. Then apply adhesion promoter. Sem Brand, using black 2 part epoxy.
6. Apply Sem adhesion promoter again.
7. 2 coats sem plastic spray paint.
8 Spray Sem Texture coating spray.
9. Light sand texture coat wet with 400 wd paper.
10. Apply another coat texture and sand again
11. Final low gloss PPG clear coat 2 coats for scuff resistance only cause i need for dash want texture to match to dash.
Yes that's what I am talking about!!

Great I will follow your lead sir.... Thanks snakeoil24:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back