• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat track bolts

pghjeeper

Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
Restoring a set of 69 RR bucket seats, well they are from a charger but hey. I need new correct carriage bolts and I want to move them to the front position to gain a little leg room.
First where can I get them? (I did a search but found older threads with an eBay link that was expired)
Second how much room will I gain and do I tack weld them in once they are pressed in?

Hey, do any of you have the measurements for the inside seat holes that need to be drilled in the floor pan when changing from a bench seat to buckets ? Thanks

Hey, do any of you have the measurements for the inside seat holes that need to be drilled in the floor pan when changing from a bench seat to buckets ? Thanks
There are dimples in the pan from the factory where the holes get drilled out. You will need the brace kit as well. or fab up your own.

There's more to it than just that. My outside holes were there in my '69 Road Runner. The inside holes by the tunnel get a reinforcement plate welded in. There are also 2 spacers that get added to the outside studs, Mega has them. Just did this to my car with new reproduction seat tracks. My car is an old race car, mismatched seat tracks were junk. Floor was somewhat murdered too. When I reupolstered the seats I welded 2 nuts to the seat bottom so that 4 bolts hold it to the track. Worked for me.

There's more to it than just that. My outside holes were there in my '69 Road Runner. The inside holes by the tunnel get a reinforcement plate welded in. There are also 2 spacers that get added to the outside studs, Mega has them. Just did this to my car with new reproduction seat tracks. My car is an old race car, mismatched seat tracks were junk. Floor was somewhat murdered too. When I reupolstered the seats I welded 2 nuts to the seat bottom so that 4 bolts hold it to the track. Worked for me.
2 spacers at the outboard studs? Never seen that before, unless you are talking about the plastic spacers that are sold in packs of 4? Those go around all the studs. 4 on a bench seat car, and 8 for a bucket seat car.

Last edited:
I believe that I stand corrected. My car had seat tracks in it from other cars and mfrs. So got replacement tracks, and the spacers, but did not realize that there were 4 per seat. Just did a level test, and you are correct. Measurements for the holes on my floor are about 10 3/4's by 13 3/4's.
Sorry for the wrong info!

Auto Transport Service
Back