• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat track replacement options for 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T

mopar1967440

Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
Good morning mopar fans,

I'm in the long overdue process of restoring the interior of a 1967 Dodge R/T.
When removing the bucket seats, I found the seat tracks are pretty rusty so rather than disassemble and repaint, I am looking for replacement options first.
Read a ton of great info here and many other sites, but was unable to get a definitive answer.

Options:
Drivers side 6 way from a 1966 b-body would be a nice a nice option, but prove to be a needle in a hay stack and is not needed.
Would 68/69 seat tracks work? Sounds like I'm good with the floor mount, but not sure of the seat to track mount.
A third option is power seats if there is a aftermarket or pick and pull track assembly that requires only simple mods

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning mopar fans,

I'm in the long overdue process of restoring the interior of a 1967 Dodge R/T.
When removing the bucket seats, I found the seat tracks are pretty rusty so rather than disassemble and repaint, I am looking for replacement options first.
Read a ton of great info here and many other sites, but was unable to get a definitive answer.

Options:
Drivers side 6 way from a 1966 b-body would be a nice a nice option, but prove to be a needle in a hay stack and is not needed.
Would 68/69 seat tracks work? Sounds like I'm good with the floor mount, but not sure of the seat to track mount.
A third option is power seats if there is a aftermarket or pick and pull track assembly that requires only simple mods

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Adjust the 6 way for the person who is going to use it the most. We adjusted and trial fitted the passenger seat for my wife. Made an over 4000 mile trip, she said it was the most comfortable drive she had had in many years.

The 6 way is on my wish list, but in the event I can't find the 6 way, will a 68/69 track assembly fit the seats?

67 68 69 bucket seat tracks all the same ..... original ones pop up occasionally......pg classic in Canada makes repops I think don't know quality of them ?

The 6 way is on my wish list, but in the event I can't find the 6 way, will a 68/69 track assembly fit the seats?
I have never seen a 66 b body bucket that did not have the adjustable tracks/bases. Maybe there are some out there that aren’t. When I did ours, I just bolted the 67 seat to the 66 base. Maybe you should try a wtd ad.
Just a suggestion.

Yes.

66 is adjustable for height.

67-70 is not.

It's a nice plus.

BTW- a "6 way" power seat track from an M body (5th Ave) can be made to work with minimal modification and is 80% identical to the earlier units.

PG Classic has a 68-69 set for $445.

Drivers 6 way is $675 (ouch!)
Pass side non adj is $235
Total just south of $900
Anyone see, touch, try PGs?

Thanks for the 5th Ave reference. Price is around $250 on Flea Bay. 3 switches. I read mid 80's Mustang w/ joy stick works too...just not sure on the mech mods.

Pg has a father day sale on now 25 %off I think.....they have sale often

Confirmed 25% until the 19th. Thanks for the heads up...saves a few $$$$

Yes.

66 is adjustable for height.

67-70 is not.

It's a nice plus.

BTW- a "6 way" power seat track from an M body (5th Ave) can be made to work with minimal modification and is 80% identical to the earlier units.
66 can also be tilted and can be moved horizontally.

ok...decided to scrap the 6 way idea. I'm the only one who will ever drive it, so I'll just shim to taste.

PG says slight mods required for the 68/68 on 67 buckets. My floor/buck mount measurements indicate they bolt right in.
Anyone have experience with the PG Classic repros? Read somewhere they're junk.

ok...decided to scrap the 6 way idea. I'm the only one who will ever drive it, so I'll just shim to taste.

PG says slight mods required for the 68/68 on 67 buckets. My floor/buck mount measurements indicate they bolt right in.
Anyone have experience with the PG Classic repros? Read somewhere they're junk.
I think you would be very happy with a set of 66 bucket bases and adjusted them to suit yourself. Especially if you are planning on doing a lot of driving. Just my thoughts.

Auto Transport Service
Back