• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seats for 65'

RayHemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Haven't yet identified seats in my Plymouth. They look to be C body - possibly a Newport. I need top tier styling for a 2 door hard top.

I've got one now but the passenger side only. Looks perfect inside and out, meaning everything is there [ shot ] .

Found the driver's side as a part of a set. Question becomes, is this a match for my 1965 Plymouth Satellite. The listing is: - used pair of 1963 - 1965 Plymouth Fury, Sport Fury, Coronet and Coronet 500 Buckets - showing the door side of the passenger seat. Trim pieces look like they match my single. So, -- Fury turned "C" for 1965. Coronet was "B". This gets shipped, one coast to another. The item is pricy. The interior will be getting restored as a unit. I've seen quite a few variations for that Satellite that were legit. My car's not specified, so is it a match? It should be but I'm guessing.

April 30:
Just got quotes for shipping and agreed with seller on costs. He'll get more photos tomorrow. Looks like getting the trim and frame for the driver's side should get me ready.
Screenshot_20230427-205454_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It is well into May and I cannot seem to complete a deal on some Fury seats from the left coast. The purchase was first attempted in April and constant effort yields -- the blues and not much else (shipping snags maybe, I don't know, my nerve endings are taking a hit and I need some pills). Another, after the purchase was already made, has been unable to confirm the accuracy of his listing. That deal could likely end in a refund. That's 3 seats and a good bit of money floating in mid-air for weeks.

Finally a listing that states a set of seats are a match for a 62' Sport Fury, a "B" I'm not into much. Pictures aren't clear. Can't lookup any 62's with seat trim that will work. Ok but what's different here is that the seller is local. We meet at his place (a MOPAR heaven) so I bring my seat, hardware and trim with me. It's a match! They aren't Satellite seats but whether they go to a 62' Sport Fury or another year or model or both, it's a match all the way! I stayed there a minute and found out we were both born in the same city, attended the same high school -- at the same time -- and graduated from that school the same year!

The question now is whether this becomes vinyl or leather. I like leather and that gives me the choice for a deeper embossing for the emblems. I stitch. My preference though, is vinyl.

Just got back from Salem in Virginia - I scored! These were only $200 bucks. They're cores. But if they aren't real good condition or NOS, that's what anything I get will be used for anyway. Very happy about these. 500cubes seems like just another all around good guy - the same as Shrimpleg (from Mopar heaven).

During the week the guy I went to school with (Shrimpleg) dropped those seats off at my house while I was at work! Maybe this should be enough to work with. If not, I now know that many things are common for these seats across years and models. So far I see 62 - 65, Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, A, B and C bodies. If you find yourself trying to build seats for a 65' Satellite, do look carefully before you turn away from other sources. Been too busy to deal with Legendary. So my next step will be to secure some seat covers and see what's needed from there.

Just got back from Salem in Virginia - I scored! These were only $200 bucks. They're cores. But if they aren't real good condition or NOS, that's what anything I get will be used for anyway. Very happy about these. 500cubes seems like just another all around good guy - the same as Shrimpleg (from Mopar heaven).

During the week the guy I went to school with (Shrimpleg) dropped those seats off at my house while I was at work! Maybe this should be enough to work with. If not, I now know that many things are common for these seats across years and models. So far I see 62 - 65, Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler, A, B and C bodies. If you find yourself trying to build seats for a 65' Satellite, do look carefully before you turn away from other sources. Been too busy to deal with Legendary. So my next step will be to secure some seat covers and see what's needed from there.
RayHemi, if you go with Legendary sear covers and need seat foam also, buy theirs. Their covers don't work well with the other foam out there and Legendary won't warranty the covers if someone elses foam is used, ask me hoe I know. Nice score on the seats

Talked to Legendary today. I want to get as much together in terms of materials as I can before I decide for sure If I should tackle it. Lot of stuff in there. However having at least one seat that is correct for the car gives me confidence. My guess is if you get a foam knife you can have at it until it's either right or discover it's time to search for help. Stringing and ringing everything so that it works could be a challenge but I'm even more inclined now after hearing from you. I have considered dropping the frames off to Legendary and I'm not sure how much sense that makes. They'll finish it for sure but will it look like it belongs to my 65' Satellite and how much is that? The trick with these seats is the embossed logos - front and rear. The guy at Legendary said that they won't have black ones until January. -- January!

I keep having nasty thought bubbles of me saying, "I don't want this. It doesn't look like the stuff I already have." " What do you mean I've had the door panels for too long now?"

Thanks for that Dan64.

How did you solve your fit? Was their foam Ok?

I don't know anything about this panel for the sides of the rear seat section. I am told this backs the panel where the rear arm rest goes. This is what it's like now. I've never had any of these panels for the car. I hope other years have all or some of this. Should match 62',- 64'?
Satellite Interior 8  (PNG).png

Auto Transport Service
Back