• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seems a bargain 1971 rt (not mine)

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
seems a bargain 1971 rt, not keen on the column shift
US $39,500.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Dodge-Charger-RT/254860814658?hash=item3b56e36942:g:zp4AAOSwU39gIYuH
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg
$_57.jpg

Agree. Looks pretty good but it’s all the little things holding it back. More documentation required for sure. Still if it held up to closer inspection it be a good purchase.

Looks like a great driver, but for $40,000 I would want to lay eyes on it in person. I agree, column shifter is a bummer, but a real deal R/T is worth that money.

I had a long conversation with one of the owners back in 2019 when I was looking for a 71 RR. He strongly advises that you come and inspect they're cars before you buy. By his own admission, the lens hides more than it see's. Take that for what it's worth.

Nice looking car but for $40K it should at least have a wiper knob...

It is my understanding that ALL 71 Charger R/T automatics came with a console slapstik floor shift. In contrast the 71 Charger Super Bee came standard with a column shift, if you ordered an auto trans, but had the console slapstik available as an option. So I question why this car has a column shift..

It is my understanding that ALL 71 Charger R/T automatics came with a console slapstik floor shift. In contrast the 71 Charger Super Bee came standard with a column shift, if you ordered an auto trans, but had the console slapstik available as an option. So I question why this car has a column shift..
Now we need the experts...

I believe that a column shift and a buddy seat was an option on the rt.

I tried to look up the vin on the rt registry but that site must be gone

I had a long conversation with one of the owners back in 2019 when I was looking for a 71 RR. He strongly advises that you come and inspect they're cars before you buy. By his own admission, the lens hides more than it see's. Take that for what it's worth.
I agree with this 100%. My own car looks great in the photos I take, and it's ok in real life....but not a show car by any stretch.
Unless you're looking at it in person, in daylight, you're taking a chance.

Nope!

It could be even Hemi with column shifter. I have seen some

Recently a gunmetal 6pack auto on column appeared being sold around.

Last edited:
Yep, Citron Yella.
A couple of friends and I finished the resto on one of these half a dozen years ago or more. Same color with the painted bumpers, N96 and column shift with buckets and no buddy seat. I really liked driving it with that configuration and didn’t miss the very poorly designed and cheap consoles of that era.
1A15F519-01FA-46AF-A127-097303D47D46.jpeg
83864B87-F252-4F47-AE62-BF20BCCA44FB.jpeg
1324E689-FEC3-4A85-9834-95DA2FDB5F50.jpeg

Anyone know what the black box on driver side inner fender is?
It looks like the (+)POS battery cable runs thru it and goes to starter solenoid?

Don't care about the column shifter. I'd just hide a Cheetah Turbo Action on the floor and it'd still look factory. If you really wanted to you could throw a sweatshirt over it at a car show.

Auto Transport Service
Back