• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seems a bargain 1971 rt (not mine)

Anyone know what the black box on driver side inner fender is?
It looks like the (+)POS battery cable runs thru it and goes to starter solenoid?
Looks like a couple of large fuses as there are 2 leads coming off battery terminal with 1 going to the starter.

It is my understanding that ALL 71 Charger R/T automatics came with a console slapstik floor shift. In contrast the 71 Charger Super Bee came standard with a column shift, if you ordered an auto trans, but had the console slapstik available as an option. So I question why this car has a column shift..
ok, if that is wrong how about this. If ordering an R/T with auto trans, you did not have to pay extra for a console. The console was standard equipment with the auto. If you didn't want it you could get a column shift at no extra charge. If ordering a Super Bee with auto trans, you did have to pay extra for a console, if you didn't want the standard column shift, like mine has.

but you could order a "buddy seat" instead of the consol
1971-dodge-charger-rt-440-6-9.jpg

I bought that car. It was in pretty rough condition when it arrived, it had been sitting in a warehouse for many years. Had to rebuild the brakes from the top down, radiator, front end suspension, rebuild all 3 carbs etc. Purrs like a well-fed kitten now.

View attachment 1140034 View attachment 1140035
Very cool

Body looks really solid

GA4 - Just Beautiful , favorite color

Auto Transport Service
Back