• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a car from Canada in the states

I sold a 96 Indy Ram to a guy from Canada at Carlisle. I had a current registration,they have an office at the show that assists with vehicle sales. no issues. The buyer said do you think it will make the 15 hour drive to Canada Eh? I said do you have triple Eh? lol

I sold a 96 Indy Ram to a guy from Canada at Carlisle. I had a current registration,they have an office at the show that assists with vehicle sales. no issues. The buyer said do you think it will make the 15 hour drive to Canada Eh? I said do you have triple Eh? lol
I think the key word is the BUYER transported it.

I think the key word is the BUYER transported it.
..and would have had to give US customs 72 hours notice before arrival at their border office and then reported to Canada Customs after that with the US customs forms to pay his Canadian taxes on import.

..and would have had to give US customs 72 hours notice before arrival at their border office and then reported to Canada Customs after that with the US customs forms to pay his Canadian taxes on import.
Exactly what we did three times. Had one slight problem with Canadian Customs, forgot to mention I paid the seller an extra little bit to get the title last time.

What customs says..

From the safety standpoint.

I remember 10-15yrs ago guy bringing car into Canada. Got to Lewiston bridge late at night, thinking no one would care. Declared car at $5k. Sent to secondary, where inspector was car person and knew it was worth more. Did research online, found where car had been sold for over 10X that amount. By time he paid the fine, impound fees, and duty, he was better off just declaring the full value.

Auto Transport Service
Back