• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sending unit

mightymopar

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi, New here. Is it possible to change the gasoline sending unit without dropping the fuel tank on a 67 Coronet?

I would say yes. I've changed them on '64 and '68 models without dropping the tank. Try to have a half tank of gas, or less, when you remove the unit.

I had to take the tank down on my '67 Belvedere II to change the unit. I also bought a 3/8" replacement sending unit from Vans Auto and it turned out the disc itself is stainless--couldn't solder a return line into it and had to have it welded.
A little bit of gymnastics to get the filler tube and tank vent lines out of the way, then once the tank was back in I found it difficult to press the filler tube back into the grommet on the tank. No leverage from behind to push down, but it eventually goes in.

B II

Lubricating the filler tube and grommet with liquid dish soap usually makes them easier to install.

Auto Transport Service
Back