• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending unit

I was gonna pull the cluster out and change the gauge but you think the gauge is ok? So it’s suppose to go up in clicks?

Not necessarily clicks, but it's not instant. Also.. how well charged is your battery. Put a charger on it and test again since you're doing this with the car not running. The main thing is you now know it is NOT the gauge that is your issue. It's your sending unit. Check for continuity between frame/body and sending unit face. If zero ohms then your ground is fine and it's the rheostat or the float has sunk.

Not necessarily clicks, but it's not instant. Also.. how well charged is your battery. Put a charger on it and test again since you're doing this with the car not running. The main thing is you now know it is NOT the gauge that is your issue. It's your sending unit. Check for continuity between frame/body and sending unit face. If zero ohms then your ground is fine and it's the rheostat or the float has sunk.

Thanks again for the help you just saved me a big job not pulling the gauge out I’ll try the ohms test and see what happens

none of my gauges are working not the fuel alt oil or temp. New sending unit in the tank car is a 65 coronet 440 and the black wire going to the cluster from the switch is hot but nothing else. Any ideas?

none of my gauges are working not the fuel alt oil or temp. New sending unit in the tank car is a 65 coronet 440 and the black wire going to the cluster from the switch is hot but nothing else. Any ideas?

Atlas
At this point you are much better off starting a new thread instead of tying onto someone else's month old thread
also give us more information
What car? which dash? what have you done to try to fix it?
The more information we have the easier it will be to help you

Auto Transport Service
Back