• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Settle a Bet

hanks73340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
Have a bet going.........did Chrysler Plymouth division build a 1969 Satellite convertible with the Hemi 426?

Thanks Ghostrider. This guy showed up at our Monday cruise-in this past week with that car(69 Satellite Convertible with 426 Hemi) stating that it was original. The guys I hang with all agreed that there was no such build that year for the Satellite. Made a friendly bet with another member of our gang that this car was never made. He thinks there was. Looks like I get a case of Corona's on him.:drinks:

I don't think you could get a hemi in either a Satelite OR a Belvedere in '69. Hemi equivalents to the Satelite or Belvedere would have been a GTX or Road Runner - both available in ragtops. Prior to 68 you could have had a hemi GTX or Belvedere but again, no Satelite.

The VIN and data plate should have cleared it up.
this.jpg

What did the VIN indicate?

Should have been able to settle that right on the spot with a simple google search on the VIN, if the 5th digit is a J, he wins, if not you win.

There was no J on the vin. The owner of the car was getting a little testy because of all the questions being thrown at him. So I just decided to leave it be. I knew he may have opened up a can of worms when he was happily talking up the car. Maybe he might start thinking about just saying that he made the car what he wanted it to be. There's nothing wrong about building what you want, but just don't try to sell it as an original built vehicle.

He can get testy all he wants. You lie to my face and then get testy when i call you on it? Strong profane response follows.
No such animal. None. Zero.

Not supposed to be any 67 Satellites with a Hemi, but I believe there were, I think 7?

Does anybody think a REAL 69 satellite hemi convertible wouldnt be a cover car on Mopar Muscle? Or any mopar magazine?

There were two versions of verts with 383 and the rest were 6 cyl.

I'm all fine with cloned cars, did one years ago - but it would be more accurately stated a semi-clone even though some people looking at it bet it was the original deal, lol. I'd say ya know what 4-4-2 stands for? You'll notice mine is missing a number and then some. As a GTO fan, owning a couple years back, ran into guys swearing their ride is a GTO and evident it's a Lemans with GTO badging. Had occasion to say to two over the years, well pard, just hope ya didn't buy your car thinking it was a GTO. Most know better; but there always seem to be just a few...

It's silly to claim your car is something that it's not. It only takes a few clicks to find out.

I'm impressed by any old Hemi car, and not that much less impressed by a homemade one. Like a **** star claiming 12 when he only has 11. It's still scary.

There were two versions of verts with 383 and the rest were 6 cyl.

Please explain further what you are meaning? - my '69 Satellite Rag is a 318 (RH27F9Gxxxxxx). I would think this would probably be the most common engine?

Please explain further what you are meaning? - my '69 Satellite Rag is a 318 (RH27F9Gxxxxxx). I would think this would probably be the most common engine?
Sorry, forgot the 318's! Yes, there were seven versions that year of 2nd gen convertibles. 2 /sixes, 2 /318's, & 3 /383's.

so was the car red white interior white top red carpet later rally wheels and if you looked closely a single four barrel under hemi chrome air cleaner

Auto Transport Service
Back