• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shaker hood returns

I'm glad to see it, but bend over and lube up; it's going to be a $2,500.00 option.

Just like in 1970, Chrysler will offer the Shaker on a Dodge Challenger R/T, in this case a 2014 Shaker model that adds a $2,500 premium to the Challenger R/T Classic. And Chrysler promises this is no 21st-century simulacrum, but a fully functional intake unit that adds power, vibration and plenty of noise to the already potent package.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...hrysler-s-Shaker-hood-coming-back?odyssey=mod

They're late to the game. Ford put shakers back on the Mustangs a while back.

They were late in the game in 1970 as well, since the 1969 Mustang already had a shaker hood.

And, in both cases, I prefer the Mopar version. :)

BFD...aftermarket shaker hood kits have been available for years. Cheaper too.

But you know they'll be a bunch of suckers lining up to buy them and parking them in their garage and put tire warmers on them hoping that they'll be able to sell it for a fortune in 20 years. because "limited edition" :jerk:

Suckers. Yep I see them at every car auction I go to. And those greedy sellers taking all that money home. :)

Suckers. Yep I see them at every car auction I go to. And those greedy sellers taking all that money home. :)

hate to tell ya this brah, but the only people who care about the collectability of those limited edition cars are...the people who buy them as an investment. Seen a lot of numbered 2008 Challengers that sold new for $50K go for $30K or less. Thing is, there is nothing about them that sets them apart from the rest of them, other than a number plate on the dash. A buddy of mine practically had to give his away in order to get rid of it.

I hope I'm wrong, but these cars ain't retirement funds...

still looks cool thou... kind of nostalgic, but pricey, but it also come with the rest of the Super Track Pack option package, not sure what else is offered...

Attachments

• 2008 Cuda' Hemi concept.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 2013 Cuda' Hemi SRT8 convertible concept.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 128
  • 2014 Challenger RT Shaker hood  Super Track Pack option.jpg
    2014 Challenger RT Shaker hood Super Track Pack option.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2014 Trans Am white.jpg
    2014 Trans Am white.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 126
I kinda like it, not as much as the originals but it's better then most of what's being pushed on us gear heads.
Wayne

Auto Transport Service
Back