• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sheetmetal qustion???????

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
What is the difference between the 1/4 panels on a 2 door VS a 4 door????I am looking for 1/4 panels for a 67 Belvedere 1 and came across on for a 2 door.Could that be made to work??What would have to be done??:tongue8:

Attachments

• 67 belvedere 025.jpg
    67 belvedere 025.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 67 belvedere 029.jpg
    67 belvedere 029.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 151
  • 67 belvedere 033.JPG
    67 belvedere 033.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 67 belvedere 037.jpg
    67 belvedere 037.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 67 belvedere 039.jpg
    67 belvedere 039.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 148
Looking at your car, *if the body lines are the same* you could section it under the upper side molding past the wheelhouse... BUT... the wheelhouse contour & the floor extension length, as well as the fuel-neck opening would be a problem. Looks like rust issues on the outer wheelhouse also ? Never had to do a *4-door* Belvedere, but I'd look for a dry/southwest 4-door piece.

You can use the back part of a 4 doors sheet metal for patches on a two door up to where the door opening is. The wheel wells are the same.

If you are looking to repair the 4 door in your picture above keep looking for another 4 door donor. If you have a good 2 door donor don't waste it on a 4 door as there are plenty of guys out there that are looking for those you can sell them to.

White with blue interior. Same color combination as my 67 Belvedere II wagon.
Auto Body Specialties has patch panels for the lower quarter area behind the rear wheel wells. They won't win any trophies, but it might be the way to go if you're just looking to fix the rust and get it on the road for a driver. If your intention is to restore the car, forget the patch panels and keep looking.

I think the're the same except the door opening and the top around the C pillar.

My brother just put a patch that was cut from a 4d on his 2d, and is using a 4d decklid.

Auto Transport Service
Back