• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sheld corrosion protection system

moparmike

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
thinking of geting some
watch

Never heard of it......Interested to hear how $, and how well it works.. I know they sell it at Sherwin Williams

price

$145.00 thats my shop price at napa

Go to your local paintsupplier and ask for rust fighter from 3M.It is a inner panel coater that has wicking action and is transparent.I use it faithfully in the industry with great success.Consider I live in the salt and pothole capital.Just make sure all your paint work is finished and cured.

Go to your local paintsupplier and ask for rust fighter from 3M.It is a inner panel coater that has wicking action and is transparent.I use it faithfully in the industry with great success.Consider I live in the salt and pothole capital.Just make sure all your paint work is finished and cured.
Tell us more!

going to try some thanks for the info. looks like they have a wand tip that you can get to use inside tuff spots.

Just to let you know I'am putting it on my 2010 silverado 2500 this weekend.My last truck 2004 ram1500 it worked great,That poor truck.I traded it in seen it a couple of months later and some young kid bought it.He was greatly dishearted to hear my stories of the midnight drunkin offroad thrashings and the city block long burnouts.The point is I still see the truck sometimes and still rust free.

Looks good from the video, I can't believe the lack of safety in their demonstration...Use gloves with solvents, good ventilation and an activated charcoal respirator. I am going to try to get a hold of some and do my own testing! We have always had problems with corrosion in the pinchweld joints...Thanks for posting!

Looks like the old Ziebart rustproofing. That was on the Aspen when I got it. You might have to re-coat it after a few years.

Auto Transport Service
Back