• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping from US to Canada

Beekeeper

It’s a disease without a cure!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:20 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone that has shipped from US know what is involved in shipping a package to Canada via UPS? I filled out the shipping info on the UPS website and looks like I could print a label but are there customs forms or anything special that has to be filled out and sent along with the package?

Yes you need a custom's form. I have always found it best to package the parts and take it to them with the Canadian Postal code for a correct total. I have got screwed by the online quote/deal a few times.

Your receiver will damn you to hell for using the Brown Truck! Brokerage on my bumper was $130 alone... and they even pulled that **** on the second one coming that was valued at 2 cents!!

Is the package big? Ups you have to fill out a form and describe item and value. On the Canada side, the receiver would have to pay a larger amount broker fee plus taxes. Ya. The receiver will not be happy. Work with him and send usps.
Usps its a small label describing contents and a value. You can get a tracking number. With signature the receiver pays a small broker fee and taxes.
UPS sucks **** up here. Crooked outfit. There policies on delivery and over priced fees are just aweful.

Your receiver will damn you to hell for using the Brown Truck! Brokerage on my bumper was $130 alone... and they even pulled that **** on the second one coming that was valued at 2 cents!!

What he said. If it can go USPS that would be the way to have the recipient avoid crazy brokerage fees. They should be able to help you at the post office with any paperwork.

If it's got to go courier use FedEx and use their expedited service vs basic ground, then brokerage is included in the price.

Another Canadian vote for USPS if possible. They are recognized as a Bonded Carrier, and do not require a brokerage firm to move goods across the border.

I vote , USPS & Canada Post , as much as possible.
There's not much to it here, they ask if it's dangerous goods, what it is & the value. Then you sign the customs form !! No brainer !!
I've been bent over by UPS before, coming out of the US, & it's never good !!

He requested UPS I have done it before with USPS I’ll take it by the post office and see what the cost will be. I appreciate all the input thanks

Last edited:
USPS !!

UPS will be asking you for a "commercial invoice" as would FedEx. And you pretty much need a lawyer for that !!

If you absolutely need that part from that specific source and they insist on UPS, then depending on your proximity to the Canadian Customs office, you can clear it yourself. You just have to left UPS know this once you have the tracking number. They will email you the clearance forms, you take them to your CBSA office, pay your taxes. CBSA will stamp the copies, send them back to UPS, who will then deliver the package to you. Have done this numerous times.

Just received my new 67 trunk extensions from Thunder bay Canada today that was shipped on this past Monday from Fed-ex.

No problems..

Never any problems going South across the imaginary line... as the US doesn't seem to care about tax collection on value. We're not so lucky.... legalized piracy at what they can charge to do so on behalf of our powers to be.

Never any problems going South across the imaginary line... as the US doesn't seem to care about tax collection on value. We're not so lucky.... legalized piracy at what they can charge to do so on behalf of our powers to be.

Just happy as hell to get it so fast........ shipping price was of little concern.

I understand what your saying.......... when I got my 8ft full rear quarter.

The price went thru the roof... with custom taxes going south
fennn.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back