• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shock eyelet size

Rear shock uppers bolts are 1/2-13 X 2.75" lg phosphate

I decided to stop trying to be so creative and just use stock size bolts and factory bushings. I don’t want my car to turn into something “Roadkilly”. The 1/2” bolt was a bit loose in the holes but once I cranked the lock nut on there it doesn’t seem to rattle around at all. And these blue Munroes certainly lowered the rear end an inch or two (which is fine by me).
The real test will be my cruise tomorrow. Can’t wait for that but at least I can sleep tonight knowing the new shocks are on. That was bugging the **** out of me haha!

Well the test drive was fairly anticlimactic which, I suppose, is a good thing. They weren’t any rattles or noises that weren’t there before. The rear suspension might feel a wee bit softer but it’s not a dramatic change. And also, the *** end is at least an inch lower. Here’s a before and after:

Oops! Here’s the before and after:

A03EC6D1-679C-4BD9-9B87-954556BA60AD.jpeg

92A658B2-7D55-48F8-A2F7-2903E283CEDE.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back