• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shop suggestions for a Daytona conversion on a restomod 70 Charger.

chargervert

Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
My friend has a 70 Charger restomod and the parts to do a Daytona conversion. He is looking for a competent shop to do the conversion. He is in Connecticut so something in the northeast is preferable,but he would not rule out a competent shop versed in wingcars elsewhere. This would be a nice relatively clean job on an already finished car,no rot or rust repair or panel replacement required. A great winter job for any shop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
My friend has a 70 Charger restomod and the parts to do a Daytona conversion. He is looking for a competent shop to do the conversion. He is in Connecticut so something in the northeast is preferable,but he would not rule out a competent shop versed in wingcars elsewhere. This would be a nice relatively clean job on an already finished car,no rot or rust repair or panel replacement required. A great winter job for any shop. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Xtreme Restorations in RI?

Mike Mancini’s American Muscle Car Restoration in Rhode island. GYC’s sent my car there to fix all the problems it came home with. Also does Dash rehabs.

Mike Mancini’s American Muscle Car Restoration in Rhode island. GYC’s sent my car there to fix all the problems it came home with. Also does Dash rehabs.

A friend stopped in there a couple weeks ago & he's got a 2-3 year backlog of work.

A friend stopped in there a couple weeks ago & he's got a 2-3 year backlog of work.
Thats the problem these days, if they are good you have to wait. When i was at his shop he had incredibly rare cars and doing Incredibly great work. He does all the dashes for GYC , He did mine

I have friends that work at Mike Mancini's shop. I am aware of the backlog.

Another vote for American Musclecar Restorations. They did a close friends Duster and they painted the dash for me on my old 68 Charger. Great people doing exceptional work.

http://www.labrecqueautocraft.com/Home Worked on this car.
Joe Sica's Cuda 2.jpg
Joe Sica's Cuda.jpg

Hopefully we can find a shop somewhat local who wants a nice winter project. The car and parts are in hand and he is a paying customer.

Hopefully we can find a shop somewhat local who wants a nice winter project. The car and parts are in hand and he is a paying customer.
did your friend get his clone done?

Not yet,however we picked up another 70 Charger to build the car out of,instead of dismantling his done 70 Charger showcar to build it from. He is still looking for a shop to do the conversion.

123_1(12).jpeg

More pics. This car had all the sheetmetal replaced at the AMD installation center.

123_1(11).jpeg

123_1(10).jpeg

123_1(7).jpeg

123_1(8).jpeg

123_1(9).jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back