• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showing my headers. Newer 360 in a 65 B-body issues

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
I figured I would show this for anyone doing the same swap. I put a 1979 360 into my 65 Belvedere wagon. I used the Transdapt motor mounts to alter the motor positioning. The bolts they came with are too long. I had to use shorter bolts on the bosses. I also had to grind a bit off the rubber mount.

The headers are Shummacher tri-ys. All I had to do was ding the #2 cylinder pipe on the passenger side for clearance around the shock tower. I also used the Mr. Gasket oil filter relo kit. The stock mount would have the filter right on top of the pipes. The drivers side, that I thought would be the problem area, just dropped right in. Very easy. I just wrapped the areas that were close to the starter and oil filter hoses in header wrap to help out with the heat.

That's pretty much it.

X-nKHWE&tn=n3OJ8nqjx9wMW3WC&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=FKZcrm8nUC4AX8WYSDt&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

2HJBTMMZZS1G1gtgYxwUpYJ5A7s&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=ImVfVmHxsxQAX93616_&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

They weren't cheap but the fitment was well worth it.

They weren't cheap but the fitment was well worth it.
yeah, i just saw the price.. i don't want them soo bad now :) I saw CPwebstore has TTi's for less than 700 i might grab those although that price seems way too low to be true

Mine are ceramic coated so that added a lot to the price. Shipped to my door they were $1200. I tried for the TTis but they were back ordered for months. Shumacher had them in stock and shipped out the next day. I got them in about a week.

Mine are ceramic coated so that added a lot to the price. Shipped to my door they were $1200. I tried for the TTis but they were back ordered for months. Shumacher had them in stock and shipped out the next day. I got them in about a week.
you rich people... i'm looking at $250 summit or hedmans :)

Auto Transport Service
Back