• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signs of spring ( or another season) where you live?

Ghostrider 67

Jack Stand Racer #6..and proud of it!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
In VERmont....

The Red Wing blackbirds have returned and we heard geese flying overhead last night...
The sheep are losing their hair, the goats are having kids, the snow is almost gone, sap buckets and tanks/lines are suddenly everywhere in the woods.....spring is near...

Red Wings under the feeder...

20210315_094631.jpg

In coastal Georgia the wild animals are on the move and being run over. Buzzards circling overhead, but no song birds in the yard. Biting and stinging insects are out and about. The toads have reappeared. All cars and trucks have a fine yellow coating of pollen...soon to be much worse. Temperatures are climbing and hit 80 F yesterday, but the reptiles are still laying low.

Last edited:
And so are the mosquitoes and the weird oak trees dropping their leaves and soon swarms of catapillars dangling from everywhere. And yellow pine pollen covering every car here in central Florida. Meh!

The Geese were moving South the past several weeks, and the Robins showed up about 10 days ago. Had a large flock of Turkey, working our backyard, with no huge Toms, so they must be splitting for mating season. It's been cold at night, 20's, and 40ish daytimes. I've been dropping some of the ash trees that have been taken by the Emerald Boar, and going to do 2 more today. Springs about here !

Say what? Do you mean to say street sweeping machines are a sign of spring there? lol. well, I guess they would be at that!
Oh! THAT kind of street sweeper!!!

Signs of winter, in Vermont, include my sheep growing a thick mat of hair, the donkeys growing out 2-3 inch long coarse hair, the chickens slow down on egg production and the ducks stop altogether. Geese heading South, Red Wing Blackbirds disappear, as do song birds, squirrels and birds that stay the winter hit the feeders pretty hard right before snow hits, bears hit the bird feeders pretty hard, foxes and hawks hit the chickens pretty hard as the food supply dwindles...the neighboring goat farm starts keeping them in the barn, the Sun sets and rises in different parts of the horizons. Standing waterers for the livestock need heaters. Ducks stop going down to the pond and need a wading pool with a heater in it.

I'm not sure what's going on with the weather. Last Thursday (3/11) it was about 60 degrees here in Mass. Today (3/15) it's 18 degrees and this Thursday (3/18) it's supposed to hit 58 degrees. Welcome to New England I guess.

Oh! THAT kind of street sweeper!!!
Well maybe not. Perhaps in his neck of the woods the zombies come out in the spring and you need a 'street sweeper' to stay alive! My preference would be a double barrel 10 gauge Greener.

I'm not sure what's going on with the weather. Last Thursday (3/11) it was about 60 degrees here in Mass. Today (3/15) it's 18 degrees and this Thursday (3/18) it's supposed to hit 58 degrees. Welcome to New England I guess.
lol! Agree! Yesterday it was nearly 60 and today and tomorrow it's 17. Down to 7 last night. Next Tuesday it'll be 60...go figure..

In coastal Georgia the wild animals are on the move and being run over. Buzzards circling overhead, but no song birds in the yard. Biting and stinging insects are out and about. The toads have reappeared. All cars and trucks have a fine yellow coating of pollen...soon to be much worse. Temperatures are climbing and hit 80 F yesterday, but the reptiles are still laying low.
Oh, I remember the pollen from living in SC and GA for many years while in the military. Clouds of it blowing off the trees with the wind...

This time of year in the South if anyone asks what color your car is, you might as well just say Greenish yellow.

Sandhill cranes have been heading north for a couple of weeks now. Grass is just starting to get a little green tint, daffodils are starting to pop through.

C83E55F6-E563-40A0-B50C-802F5A5BE59A.jpeg

Sometimes you'll see a white tail out on the prowl.

Babe 25.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back