• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver touch up paint for dash bezels etc.

+2 for Molotow

https://flic.kr/p/2nADS3H]
52244333037_a644c232c2_z.jpg
[/url]

After spending a lot of money on “chrome” bottle and spray paint (all basically silver paint), I have been very pleased with the Molotow pens. Are you going to do the white letters? I recommend a chisel tip white paint pen.

This bezel was completely redone. Black spray paint, Molotow paint pen, and white paint pen. The black color is called Landau black. It is the OEM color. It is made by SEM. I have been told they are the only manufacturer to sell this color. The photos really don’t capture the reflectivity of the Molotow chrome paint. I am not trying to tell you that it is anywhere near as good as actual plastic chrome, but it is much better than silver paint.

134F75A7-6B85-479C-BBC9-A17E7CB1D7E1.jpeg

816E0167-25CF-4E76-B6D7-1258E052D137.jpeg

Last edited:
For this type of work the 1 mm tip pen is pretty useless. The paint in these pens is thin. You have to make sure that the tip of the pen is not completely saturated with paint or else when you touch the tip to a surface all of that paint will run right off the tip and you’ll have a blob of paint on the surface. These are the type of pens that you depress the tip to get it saturated with paint. If after depressing the tip to load it with paint, if it is too saturated I would lightly touch the tip to a paper napkin. I would inevitably get a little chrome paint where it didn’t belong. If the spot is small, after the chrome paint is dry, I would just take a black sharpie or magic marker to cover it. If the area is large I would spray some of the Landau black paint onto a thin artist type brush and then touch it up. Same goes for repainting the white letters.

Auto Transport Service
Back